series episode titles

Imi81

Imi81

Hello! why does emby write the titles like that when it recognized the series? In the attached picture, I circled what bothers me. writes filenames instead of episode titles. What do I need to set to display the addresses correctly? thanks in advance for your help! I wrote this post with Google Translate, so sorry if it's not completely understandable.

IMG_4098.jpeg

Hello Imi81,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi there, how are your files named and organized?

Imi81

I took a picture of it and attached it. That's what they're called.

However, there is a function that I press and it shows properly! I'll take pictures of that too. Spell the episode titles correctly here.

IMG_4099.png

IMG_4100.jpeg

IMG_4101.jpeg

IMG_4102.png

Imi81

I don't think that's the problem, because when I go to View Missing Episodes, it shows the titles properly. Anyway, several series have this problem. In the past there was no such problem. Of course, I will try what you wrote to see if it helps, but I don't want to rename every episode of the series. Can't you set something in the library settings to fix this? for example in the part shown in the picture?

IMG_4104.png

Imi81

Problem solved! I just renamed the main folder and it worked! It seems to be sensitive to the main folder. Thanks for the help! Have a nice day.

IMG_4105.png

Imi81

However, the problem was not solved only with the Westworld series. Although I tried in vain with another series, it was not good. It's interesting that Jellyfin is at the top and it recognizes all of them well, but I don't like it for that and other reasons. I really like emby and it recognizes movies perfectly, but for some reason it doesn't recognize many series. A simple solution to this would be nice.

Happy2Play

The parser has changed and all the additional info causes issues.

So in reality anything outside the naming schemes in the KB will be hit and miss on your part.

So season and episode naming will cause issue for automatic identification.

Imi81

I see. Unfortunately, that's it. No matter how I vary it, it's no good. It worked better about 3 years ago. And the jellyfin recognizes it well, plus it's a boilie emby. The plex also recognizes it fine. I like Emby the best, but this lack of series/episode recognition bothers me. It would be nice if they could fix this later. By the way, I use it in Hungarian, maybe that's a disadvantage, but it's the way I need it.Thanks for your help! There may be an update later that fixes this.

Imi81

A strange thing happened! I installed the portable version of emby server and it recognizes the series fine! Well that's great! I think I reinstalled the normal emby server to see if that solves the problem. Or just deleting the series library and rebuilding it might be enough. The point is that there is not as big a problem as I thought.

• Thanks 1