Some issues with enabling the TVDB plugin

SmileFlower

SmileFlower

When I enabled the TVDB plugin, the introduction of the series was not based on the language I set for the region.

Early versions of TVDB plugins were not as aggressive in obtaining introduction information, which could lead to language inconsistency. Can you add a default language option switch!

20240305232145.thumb.png.1db6c44cf3524748248a3ff134dbcfdc.png20240305232214.png.b49229f8d920d0ad5ee136e33ef391e8.png

Edited by SmileFlower

HI, what language did you set? Did you compare to what information is available on tvdb? What metadata fetchers are enabled on your library, and in what order?

SmileFlower
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, what language did you set? Did you compare to what information is available on tvdb? What metadata fetchers are enabled on your library, and in what order?

The language I set is Simplified Chinese, with a priority of "tmdb>tvdb".

SmileFlower
Posted (edited)

The situation where this problem occurs is as follows: when "tmdb" does not have a simplified Chinese introduction, the plugin will search for a simplified Chinese introduction in "tvdb". When "tvdb" does not have a simplified Chinese introduction, it will search for other languages, which is a bit radical.

Can the language set by the user's media library always be maintained?

Edited by SmileFlower

Happy2Play
16 hours ago, SmileFlower said:

Can the language set by the user's media library always be maintained?

Currently Emby fallback is not configurable when set language is unavailable.

Not positive but believe same/similar applies to TVDB.

SmileFlower
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Currently Emby fallback is not configurable when set language is unavailable.

Not positive but believe same/similar applies to TVDB.

Can this be adjusted in the future? The current setting is too extreme

Happy2Play

So you want no information as that is all that happens now is it fallsback to English when your chosen language has nothing?

But anything can be possible in the future.

SmileFlower
3 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

So you want no information as that is all that happens now is it fallsback to English when your chosen language has nothing?

But anything can be possible in the future.

Early TVDB plugins did not have this issue

TerminatorAK
On 3/7/2024 at 1:47 PM, SmileFlower said:

Early TVDB plugins did not have this issue

Yes, the previous TVDB did not have a corresponding language and would not be able to obtain

On 3/10/2024 at 10:12 AM, TerminatorAK said:

Yes, the previous TVDB did not have a corresponding language and would not be able to obtain

Hi, what do you mean by previous tvdb?

SmileFlower
2 hours ago, Luke said:

The meaning is that early versions of the TVDB plugin were not as aggressive in obtaining introductions. The current version of the TVDB plugin, regardless of whether it is in the set language or not, will be obtained, resulting in the situation shown in my picture.

TerminatorAK
14 hours ago, Luke said:

In earlier versions of TVDB, the episode details will not be obtained in languages other than the set language. If there is no corresponding language, it will remain blank.

SmileFlower
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Why would you want it blank?

If you don't understand other languages, is it equivalent to not understanding them? It is recommended to keep it blank

AnSniper
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Why would you want it blank?

So if the language set is A, but the scraped language is B, what is the meaning of setting this option?

image.png.ae96051e51937afe01ed0b62e41ae55a.png

I mentioned a similar issue about two months ago, but at the time I thought it was caused by the TMDB plugin, but later found out it was caused by the TVDB plugin.

Two months have passed, and there has been no improvement in the TVDB plugin.

Edited by AnSniper

That's your preferred language, but there's always a fallback to avoid getting nothing.

AnSniper
16 hours ago, Luke said:

That's your preferred language, but there's always a fallback to avoid getting nothing.

It is difficult to understand how developers understand the correctness and integrity of databases in this way.

The database requires A, but B is used to impersonate it.

If A is missing, it should be left blank until TMDb has data for A, making it easier to retrieve A.

If you use B to impersonate, even if TMDb has A's data, it cannot be refreshed as A.

Is this helpful in addition to causing inconvenience to users?

Edited by AnSniper

GrimReaper
4 hours ago, AnSniper said:

If A is missing, it should be left blank until TMDb has data for A, making it easier to retrieve A.

Which might be never, as there is no guarantee that that data will ever be available. 

4 hours ago, AnSniper said:

If you use B to impersonate, even if TMDb has A's data, it cannot be refreshed as A.

That is incorrect. You can always Refresh Metadata>Replace all on items with B and if A is available (and is your preferred) you'll get those. 

AnSniper
9 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

That is incorrect. You can always Refresh Metadata>Replace all on items with B and if A is available (and is your preferred) you'll get those. 

The problem is that if it first obtains the B data of tvdb, and then TMDB has the A data, I will refresh its metadata with Emby and it will not change from B to A. This is the question that confuses me.

At least when I reported this issue two months ago, the situation was the same as above.

I had already given up using the TVDB plugin. @SmileFlower Two months have passed, will it still be like this now?

Edited by AnSniper

AnSniper
9 hours ago, jaycedk said:

@AnSniper @SmileFlower @TerminatorAK

猜猜看,这里可以肯定的是,通过添加翻译来帮助社区。

那么在那之后的每个人都会很高兴。

I won't tell you that I have over 150000 editors on TMDb.

But I won't try editing in TVdb because Having TMDb is enough for me.

QQ截图20240316105358.jpg

The current problem is that if I obtain the B metadata of TVdb for the first time and then have the A metadata after TMDb, even if I manually refresh the nfo, I will not replace B with A.

Edited by AnSniper

AnSniper

The current problem is that if I obtain the B metadata of TVdb for the first time and then have the A metadata after TMDb, even if I manually refresh the nfo, I will not replace B with A.

This is the key to the problem, or default to not obtaining the B metadata of tvdb.

What is the use of obtaining metadata that you don't need?

I have done my best to use machine translation, and if developers cannot understand, there is really no other way.

I will continue to disable the TVDB plugin on my server.

Edited by AnSniper

AnSniper
On 3/15/2024 at 4:18 AM, Luke said:

这是您的首选语言,但总有一个后备措施来避免一无所获。

SOS HELP

3 hours ago, AnSniper said:

The problem is that if it first obtains the B data of tvdb, and then TMDB has the A data, I will refresh its metadata with Emby and it will not change from B to A. This is the question that confuses me.

At least when I reported this issue two months ago, the situation was the same as above.

I had already given up using the TVDB plugin. @SmileFlower Two months have passed, will it still be like this now?

It depends on whichever one is higher priority in your fetcher order.

SmileFlower
22 hours ago, Luke said:

It depends on whichever one is higher priority in your fetcher order.

If there is no selected language, then I would like to keep it blank instead of other languages because I cannot understand and have no meaning.