Series cannot be added or deleted

dylan62370
Go to solution Solved by dylan62370,

dylan62370

Hello,

When I add and delete a series in the media library I've named Series, it doesn't get deleted in the Emby.

The same is true if I delete the series folder directly from the Linux server.

However, the series I add is still present in the Linux server folder πŸ˜•

For example, I no longer have a Harry Potter folder, yet it's still displayed on the Emby...

I've tried clicking on "Update media library files" but nothing changes...

image.thumb.png.62c55060c480f8e148777d428bda5756.png

dylan62370
5 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, did you try running a library scan? Can you please provide a specific example?

Thanks.

Hello Luke !

The scan remains stuck at 2.2% πŸ˜•
I'm going to report the problem.

image.png

4 hours ago, dylan62370 said:

Hello Luke !

The scan remains stuck at 2.2% πŸ˜•
I'm going to report the problem.

image.png

Hi there, what makes you think that it’s stuck? I would just be patient and allow it to finish. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

dylan62370
57 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, what makes you think that it’s stuck? I would just be patient and allow it to finish. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Hello,

I left it running for over 1 hour and it stayed at 2.2% πŸ˜•

dylan62370
11 hours ago, Lessaj said:

What do the logs say it's doing?

Hello @Lessaj !

The embyserver.txt file ?

dylan62370

After the scan, I have find the error in the log file.

But I can't see which right it's missing, because on the /var/SAN01/Serie folder I chmod -R 777
Β 

*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.3.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 6.1.0-18-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc-12 (Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40) #1 SMP PREEMPT
	Framework: .NET 6.0.25
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 56
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/var/SAN01/Serie' is denied.
	 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.CreateDirectoryHandle(String path, Boolean ignoreNotFound)
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init()
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerable`1..ctor(String directory, FindTransform transform, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
	   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.FileSystemInfos(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options, Boolean isNormalized)
	   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalEnumerateInfos(String path, String searchPattern, SearchTarget searchTarget, EnumerationOptions options)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.EnumerateFileSystemInfos(DirectoryInfo dir, Boolean recursive)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, Boolean recursive, FileSystemCredentials credentials)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.DirectoryService.GetFileSystemEntriesInternal(String path)
	   at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetNonCachedChildren(IDirectoryService directoryService, LibraryOptions libraryOptions)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, BaseItem[] collectionFolders, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, Dictionary`2 newItemIds, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidatePhysicalRoots(IProgress`1 progress, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: IntPtr CreateDirectoryHandle(System.String, Boolean)
	InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

2024-03-07 06:25:02.214 Info TaskManager: Scan media library Completed after 0 minute(s) and 19 seconds

Β 

• Solution
dylan62370

A lot of the right stuff was missing from the dossier, but now everything works!

• Thanks 1

Lessaj

/var seems like an odd place to use to put your mounts but I guess there's nothing really stopping you. chmod 777 is kind of dangerous and not the right way to handle permissions. There's various methods you use between file/folder ownership and groups but if you want to be sure that the emby user has permission to the location you can:

sudo su -s /bin/bash emby
touch /var/SAN01/Serie/afile

Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1