Emby Android TV requires transcoding to watch HDR movies

We1Brando

We1Brando

I can use emby to watch HDR videos normally on my mobile phone. My TV can decode HDR videos with client hardware, because when I use the TV’s built-in player to watch videos of the same file, it can be decoded by hardware normally, but When I use emby to watch HDR videos, emby uses the server to transcode. Why is this?

Hi there, did you explore the stats feature in the video player to learn why it was transcoding?

We1Brando
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, did you explore the stats feature in the video player to learn why it was transcoding?

Well, I checked and it wasn't transcoding used, after turning on the stats feature, I saw FFmpeg, which means client software decoding was used? But why?

Edited by We1Brando

We1Brando
6 minutes ago, We1Brando said:

Well, I checked and it wasn't transcoding used, after turning on the stats feature, I saw FFmpeg, which means client software decoding was used? But why?

My playback device is Dangbei H3 TV Box, which is equipped with Rockchip RK3566 chip. On the product promotion page, it supports HDR10.

Hi.  Can you please show us a screen shot of the stats?

I cannot open that image.  Can you convert it and paste it directly into the forum?

Thanks.

We1Brando
14 minutes ago, ebr said:

I cannot open that image.  Can you convert it and paste it directly into the forum?

Thanks.

okimage.thumb.jpeg.4d237f7ced122324aa0fcc6bb5c53798.jpeg

What makes you think this is transcoding?

• 4 weeks later...