New users cannot connect remotely to server

simstim

simstim

I recently backed up and moved my Emby server to new hardware, and everything initially seemed fine, but I now find that any new users I add cannot connect remotely to the server. Existing users can connect as before, so the remote setup and port forwarding must (I assume) be working. If I create a new user and link the user to an Emby account, and they log into Emby Connect with that account, they can see the server but cannot connect to it. They always receive a popup message that says the server is not accessible.

I suspect this has something to do with moving hardware, but I am not sure how to resolve the problem.

pwhodges

Let's first dispose of the obvious: in the new users' profiles, is the option to allow remote access ticked?

Paul

• Like 1

simstim

Just quickly double-checked and that option is enabled. The new server has the same name as the old server; might that be causing a problem?

Hi.  Can they connect not using Emby Connect?

When you moved the server, did you also copy the device ID so that the two servers appear the same?  Is the external address the same as it was or did it change?

simstim

Hi, just been doing some testing. If I connect directly to the external IP address on port 8096, the connection goes through and I can log in as one of the new users.

I am not sure if I copied the device ID when I moved the server; would that have been part of a normal backup, or something I needed to do separately?

Happy2Play
6 hours ago, simstim said:

I am not sure if I copied the device ID when I moved the server; would that have been part of a normal backup, or something I needed to do separately?

Depends on how it was backup/restored but every url shows your serverid are they the same?

Or you can look at the \Emby-Server\programdata\data\device.txt on exact server.

image.png.b21b45e667842ba0fb8192d6d1ee5799.png

If the device ID was copied over, that explains why it works for the existing users.  For new users, it sounds like the connection with Connect is not being made.  Do you get a positive message after entering their address and are they confirming with the link in the email?