Missed recording, windows did not wake up at proper time.

reneboulard

reneboulard

I have been trying the sleep and wake of windows for emby.

However, since using this feature I have been regularly missing recording.  Schedule task are been created but some are missing so the system does not wake up for all recordings.

The recording missed yesterday was "Sorcières S01E22 Justice pour une enfant".  Only the last 10 minutes of the show was recorded because windows woke up at 20:51 for the next recording to start at 21:00.  But never woke up for the 20:00 Sorcières recording.  The task was not in windows task scheduler (see screen shot of task scheduler).  The task is not in the windows task scheduler for next week either even if it is present in emby (see screen shot of task scheduler and emby planning). 

Will stop using this feature until it is fixed or resolved.

Thank you for your help.

Capturedcran2024-03-05.thumb.png.7b23607d74496046a218ea171318bb36.png

Planificateur de Taches.png

Planificateur de Taches2.png

embyserver-63845193600.txt embyserver.txt

HI, that's strange. Are you still now at this point, seeing new recordings get added to the windows task scheduler? In other words if you create a one-off recording for say a movie, does an entry get added?

reneboulard

I am investigating to see what happening.

I deleted all scheduled task on windows.  Set the guide data to one day.  Let a day pass, put the guide date to two weeks and updated the guide data.  Scheduled task on windows to wake up emby were regenerated but some are still missing.  Like today only two were added to the windows task scheduler out of 6 recording,  tomorrow is the same.

I scheduled one off recordings and the task were added to windows, but I just did it twice since yesterday. 

I just did it again and the task was added in windows, so it seem to work.

For repeated show should I delete the recording schedule on emby and reprogram them?

Scheduled task on windows to wake up emby were regenerated but some are still missing.  Like today only two were added to the windows task scheduler out of 6 recording,  tomorrow is the same.

Can you give a specific example? Is there something scheduled to record in Emby that doesn't have a wake timer set?

reneboulard

Example :

Tonight :

Task in windows Emby Recording Le téléjournal avec Céline Galipeau Thu, 07 Mar 2024 02 59 00 GMT

Emby recording  : 19:30 21:00 21:30 

So only the 22:00 recording is in the windows task scheduler the other 3 are missing. (see the png)

Tomorrow :

Only two task in windows the 18:00 and 22:00 news all other shows are missing. (see the png).

Same for other days.

Capturedcran2024-03-06190214.thumb.png.fa3db5108ab9bc7a66a37e8c51cc6a09.pngCapturedcran2024-03-06190214.thumb.png.fa3db5108ab9bc7a66a37e8c51cc6a09.png

Capturedcran2024-03-06185810.png.1d7363ef45d49e2e9ddcfbaac2b21d14.png

reneboulard

I erased all recording planned for today and rescheduled them, they where all series.

The wakeup tasks where all added to the  windows task scheduler.  So all recordings are planned in windows and emby.

However, this does not explain why some wakeup task where not added before.

I will keep monitoring the Task in windows task scheduler against the planned recording in emby everyday for a bit to see if this occur again and in what circumstance.

Will give more information when available.

OK can you please attach the emby server log from when you created those recordings? thanks.

reneboulard
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Luke said:

OK can you please attach the emby server log from when you created those recordings? thanks.

Find enclosed the requested server log.

I deleted all the series and re-created them.

I also used ScripterX to trigger an event  onRecordingTimerCreated, that event create a corresponding schedule task in windows, so I can easely compare between the emby generated task and the ScripterX one.

I also included a listing of all emby wakeup in windows task manager.  You can notice that some task are left even if the schedule recording where deleted.

embyserver-63845452800.txt

windowstasks.txt

Edited by reneboulard
new file included

OK the odd thing is that there are no errors when scheduling the wake timers.

Can you remove scripterx, restart the server, and then repeat the test? ?Thanks.

reneboulard
15 hours ago, Luke said:

OK the odd thing is that there are no errors when scheduling the wake timers.

Can you remove scripterx, restart the server, and then repeat the test? ?Thanks.

I removed scripterx and scheduled 3 new shows.  All windows Scheduled task were created properly and no error in log.

I have not been able to reproduce the problem, so it is difficult to diagnose where the problem may be, of if there is a problem.

I have been monitoring the creation of each task for the last few days and will keep doing so.  If I can identify a glitch I will report it here.

However, when you cancel a recording in emby the wake up timer in windows schedules task are not deleted and windows will wake up even if the recording timer was deleted in emby.

Thank you for you help.

• Thanks 1