Subtitles Never Found? Where is the hash match option?

mbc0

GrimReaper
11 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

I am a VIP member of the new opensubtitles.com but nothing is ever found when searching for movies/tv shows.

Do you have any opensubtitles errors in the log? Have you confirmed that related item(s) does/do have subs available on their webpage? 

11 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

With regard to this article I cannot find the option to disable hash match? 

https://emby.media/support/articles/Manual-Subtitle-Downloads.html

That KB article needs updating as Hash-matches (if any) will be listed in line with other available subs, on top of/first in the list and appropriately tagged, there's no disabling them for manual downloads. 

@Carlo

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Thanks 1

pwhodges

Have you used your email address when setting up your opensubtitles credentials in Emby?  That fails silently - you must use your username.

I've no idea about the hash question, though - sorry.

Paul

mbc0
23 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Have you used your email address when setting up your opensubtitles credentials in Emby?  That fails silently - you must use your username.

I've no idea about the hash question, though - sorry.

Paul

Hi, It does say on the settings to use your username and not your email address which is what I am doing but no dice! 😞

mbc0
26 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Do you have any opensubtitles errors in the log? Have you confirmed that related item(s) does/do have subs available on their webpage? 

That KB article needs updating as Hash-matches (if any) will be listed in line with other available subs, on top of/first in the list and appropriately tagged, there's no disabling them for manual downloads. 

@Carlo

Hi, The logs show the search but I cannot see a response in the logs let alone any errors, yes the subtitles are available on opensubtitles.com

mbc0

ok, 

So I have been trying loads of different movies/tv and got a couple of matches!  Could it be my filenaming causing a problem?

image.png.01c5a0ebfb9b54f733f3f520004083c9.png

image.png.f1efcd866a41e6fad99374bd23b17c13.png

image.thumb.png.e7e6bae40b8b128ca04b3e37d16695c4.png

image.png

GrimReaper

That's odd, having no issues with 2 of those items that I have in my collection, and your file naming seems pretty ok:

image.png.a029fec4a0b60fee4580a84c42cf2c33.png

image.png.d67ad033fd33697bb229d627abc73e5c.png

Since you're getting hits for that item with normal brackets as opposed to square brackets, try replacing latter with former and see what gives?

Edited by GrimReaper

mbc0

tried removing the brackets completely and still no dice 😞

image.png.6369a04a554a9fa168aa91f29b7530c7.png

GrimReaper
14 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

@GrimReaperCan I see your filename please? I will copy to see if it works for me?

image.png.e0986627329f714587c3bf3c635a0bd8.png

Though I don't think that's a naming issue as episodes are queried by S/E and TV Show name, you should see similar log query as:

2024-03-05 11:56:05.789 Info HttpClient: GET https://vip-api.opensubtitles.com/api/v1/subtitles?episode_number=10&languages=en&moviehash=edbbb3463aaa7f80&query=Monarch: Legacy of Monsters&season_number=1

mbc0

Naming Fixed it! is this a bug or do I need to change my naming profiles?

image.png.aad34a1c62fcf830e4939c9566bce4e6.png

mbc0

OK!

So, if this helps I have found what was causing the issue!

If I remove the year of the show from the filename I can add subtitles, but with the year in the filename I get no results, please see screenshots

image.png.a00b53eeb21fa34d73f9f6074966c10e.png

image.png.204732c461e9b8de36b0d44653967fd4.png

image.png

image.png

rbjtech

Renaming it is going to make emby re-detect it - so that is possibly the reason why it now works.

I have no issues with the year in brackets - that has always been the prefered naming standard for a long time.

Maybe try re-naming it back with brackets, let emby redetect it (try playback etc etc, do a full scan) and then see if it now finds the subs ?

mbc0
1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

Renaming it is going to make emby re-detect it - so that is possibly the reason why it now works.

I have no issues with the year in brackets - that has always been the prefered naming standard for a long time.

Maybe try re-naming it back with brackets, let emby redetect it (try playback etc etc, do a full scan) and then see if it now finds the subs ?

Hi, Done Just that and no subs again!

image.png.a38ab7a65240772ec336552e13e04fa0.png

image.png.4d256f3311d410419c0e7f63bbb1a9ee.png

mbc0

Removed year again and subs are working again, very strange!

rbjtech

Just ep9 & 10 correct ?  All the others are OK ?

I just tested - and see exactly the same behaviour ep 1-8 it finds subs fine .. how odd !

the subs exist - as I've checked in opensubtitles itself.

Looking in the logs - it's sending exactly the same request for the correct items - same token etc

Edited by rbjtech

mbc0
1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

Just ep9 & 10 correct ?  All the others are OK ?

I just tested - and see exactly the same behaviour ep 1-8 it finds subs fine .. how odd !

the subs exist - as I've checked in opensubtitles itself.

Looking in the logs - it's sending exactly the same request for the correct items - same token etc

Yes, 1-8 seem ok! getting same results on loads of stuff, "Allo Allo" for example! very weird!

• Like 1

HI, yes we're looking into it. Thanks.