Missing Episodes Report???????????

kbeck

kbeck

It's there but non functioning. The one in the context menu is as useless as balls on a programmer.

Lessaj

It works, but you might need to try to load it a couple times because it has to make a lot of api calls which times out after 30 seconds, it continues when you try again.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Sorry but what is the issue?  Please elaborate.

But yes the old way was faster as it bloated Emby database instead of now on demand from provider.

Test machine with lots of missing

image.thumb.png.cb86837bc54e76fa7a8ea0f895ff2dff.png

But you have the same option per show.

kbeck

I've tried running it dozens of times lately. Only shows a complete listing. Have let it run for an hour with no results except the default screen. 

kbeck

Ps - why would anyone want the context menu version where you can only look at 1 show at a time with no easy way to choose the fields you need and export? 

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, kbeck said:

I've tried running it dozens of times lately. Only shows a complete listing. Have let it run for an hour with no results except the default screen. 

And have you provide a server log for this issue?

What providers do you have enabled?

1 minute ago, kbeck said:

Ps - why would anyone want the context menu version where you can only look at 1 show at a time with no easy way to choose the fields you need and export? 

As is give the same info as when the missing would show per show.

But yes export would be nice addition to UI as this option no longer works via the plugin as it no longer resides in the database.

Smitty018210

Yeah Report function hasn't been working right on my servers for a few days now, but it never seems to have work 100% right anyway.

It reports episode missing that are in fact not missing at all, and in some cases dose not report ones I know are 100% missing.

For example Animaniacs cartoon. I only have one season ripped right now. So it should report episodes missing from the other seasons, but i dose not.

• Like 1

andrewds
44 minutes ago, kbeck said:

as useless as balls on a programmer.

Is there not some minimum standard for decorum on these forums? Do people not realize that the people developing the product are the ones here supporting it? How is this behavior ok? I'm seeing it much more recently and it's pretty ridiculous.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

Happy2Play

Without specific examples and logs all anyone can do is guess.

But all this data is specific to TVDB.

6 minutes ago, Smitty018210 said:

For example Animaniacs cartoon. I only have one season ripped right now. So it should report episodes missing from the other seasons, but i dose not.

I just tested this on and as I have one episode in seasons 1-8 the rest appear on the report as missing.

Smitty018210
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Without specific examples and logs all anyone can do is guess.

But all this data is specific to TVDB.

I just tested this on and as I have one episode in seasons 1-8 the rest appear on the report as missing.

Yeah, no idea, but that's not how it's working on my server.

I have TVDB set as my main metadata provider in the Library settings.

Edited by Smitty018210

Happy2Play

But nothing can be done without information.

Smitty018210
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Thanks for replying, but I just want stuff to work out of the box. If I have to dig through a bunch of server setting or upload info then it's not worth my time.

I not someone who wants to go over every little setting and stress about all the technical stuff. All the technical stuff the this product can do isn't why I use it. I don't care about 95% of what emby dose. I just want to work with as little effort as possible.

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, Smitty018210 said:
17 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Thanks for replying, but I just want stuff to work out of the box. If I have to dig through a bunch of server setting or upload info then it's not worth my time.

I not someone who wants to go over every little setting and stress about all the technical stuff. All the technical stuff the this product can do isn't why I use it. I don't care about 95% of what emby dose. I just want to work with as little effort as possible.

Sorry it works out of the box for I would say the majority.  So the question is why is broke on your setup?

kbeck
13 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Sorry it works out of the box for I would say the majority.  So the question is why is broke on your setup?

I say it's not working for the majority. I've used it for a year perfectly. Until about a month ago. I export a list and is currently at 2247. Emby reports 35983 missing.

Capture.PNG

Happy2Play
53 minutes ago, kbeck said:

I say it's not working for the majority. I've used it for a year perfectly. Until about a month ago. I export a list and is currently at 2247. Emby reports 35983 missing.

Capture.PNG

Correct the plugin no longer works as Emby no longer has the information in the database.  But if this is about a plugin it does not belong in this forum section.

So now you have a on demand provider query to show you miss episode per Show/Season or globally via metadata manager-views.

But as features move into the UI the community plugin will eventually get completely abandoned.

The Missing Episodes view in the metadata manager provides the same information that you were getting before from the Reports plugin.

Does this answer your question?

kbeck
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

The Missing Episodes view in the metadata manager provides the same information that you were getting before from the Reports plugin.

Does this answer your question?

Doesn't come close.

1. Before I could export. Not all I can do with The Meta Manager is Select All and copy and paste into Excel. Except it only copies the 20 or so lines visible. So I need to do 40+ screens and then massage the data because it's all linear and not formatted like before.

2. The fields available before included some not now available.

3. It takes forever. Before it was 1 minute. Now I had to leave for a an hour.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, kbeck said:

2. The fields available before included some not now available.

Did you click the three dot menu to enable other fields?

But yes a download feature is need as the UI chunk loading just does not cut it when you have a large list.

• Agree 1

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Smitty018210 said:

@Happy2PlayHere is my log.

If you figure it out, thanks!

embyserver.txt 104.86 kB · 0 downloads

@Lukewill have to comment on the error. As it appears twice in that log.

2024-03-04 17:37:12.845 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.3.0
	Command line: C:\Users\asmit\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.22631
	Framework: .NET 6.0.27
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/asmit/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: C:\Users\asmit\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\asmit\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type definitions should start with a '{', expecting serialized type 'EpisodesData', got string starting with: RIFFH1  WEBPVP8 <1  �� �*� ~>1�C"!!�-� ����V
	   at ServiceStack.Text.Common.DeserializeTypeRefJson.StringToType(ReadOnlySpan`1 strType, TypeConfig typeConfig, EmptyCtorDelegate ctorFn, KeyValuePair`2[] typeAccessors) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/Common/DeserializeTypeRefJson.cs:line 175
	   at ServiceStack.Text.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromSpan(Type type, ReadOnlySpan`1 value) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/JsonSerializer.cs:line 62
	   at ServiceStack.Text.NetCoreMemory.Deserialize(MemoryStream memoryStream, Boolean fromPool, Type type, DeserializeStringSpanDelegate deserializer) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/NetCoreMemory.cs:line 195
	   at ServiceStack.Text.NetCoreMemory.DeserializeAsync(Stream stream, Type type, DeserializeStringSpanDelegate deserializer) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/NetCoreMemory.cs:line 175
	   at ServiceStack.Text.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromStreamAsync[T](Stream stream) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/JsonSerializer.cs:line 227
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromStreamAsync[T](Stream stream)
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromFileAsync[T](String file)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.EnsureEpisodesInfo(String id, String seasonType, String language, TimeSpan cacheTime, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.GetAllEpisodes(SeriesInfo seriesInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Api.TvShowsService.GetAllEpisodes(Series series, Season season, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, Nullable`1 isUnaired, Nullable`1 isMissing, Nullable`1 isSpecial, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Api.TvShowsService.Get(GetMissingEpisodes request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost httpHost, IServerApplicationHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, IStreamHelper streamHelper, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: ServiceStack.Text
	TargetSite: System.Object StringToType(System.ReadOnlySpan`1[System.Char], ServiceStack.Text.TypeConfig, ServiceStack.EmptyCtorDelegate, System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2[System.String,ServiceStack.Text.Common.TypeAccessor][])

Maybe try deleting the C:\Users\asmit\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\cache\tvdb folder and then try again.

Smitty018210
8 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@Smitty018210can you try that. ^^^^

Deleted, ran a fresh library scan, and nothing.

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, Smitty018210 said:

Deleted, ran a fresh library scan, and nothing.

Server log again please.