Server deleted my tags

MBSki

MBSki

Has anyone else seen this behavior since updating to 4.8.1/4.8.3? I was fine for about 3 days, but now, all of a sudden, tags have been deleted from a bunch of my videos. I have no idea why, and I have no idea where to start looking. Any thoughts on where to start to track down the issue?

MBSki

And even stranger, I'm seeing tags have been ADDED to some of my items. How the heck did that happen?

image.png.2fa70f2520a9a44e5173dfd9bddaab8c.png

Has anyone else seen this behavior since updating to 4.8.1/4.8.3? I was fine for about 3 days, but now, all of a sudden, tags have been deleted from a bunch of my videos. I have no idea why, and I have no idea where to start looking. Any thoughts on where to start to track down the issue?

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example? Thanks.

Smitty018210

Yup I just started to see this today as well.

If you click on the icon it goes to blank page and no films are show.

I've been trying to figure out were these phantom tags are coming from.

One of the ones I have is from thug.com?? What?

The only thing I could think of is that emby is some how reading the tags for the themes or trailers that I have locally saved into the movie folders.

Edited by Smitty018210

Happy2Play

Yes I know there is another topic where themes were causing this issue.  But since they are not items nothing actually appears in the tags.

Smitty018210
Just now, Happy2Play said:

Yes I know there is another topic where themes were causing this issue.  But since they are not items nothing actually appears in the tags.

Thought that might be what was causing it. Thanks. Is there a way to get ride of them?

Happy2Play

Not that I remember as you really can't sanitize them before download or where every they are retrieved from.

@Lukewould have to confirm they are no longer being probed.

As I don't use the plugin and only have tested a couple themes I can only guess here.

They do get probed, but the important thing is those tags shouldn't be showing up anywhere.

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

They do get probed, but the important thing is those tags shouldn't be showing up anywhere.

Guessing as more info is needed, but is this not the same?

MBSki

@Happy2Playyea, that's half of it.

Has anyone seen tags getting deleted? I don't know how I show an example of something that's not there.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, MBSki said:

@Happy2Playyea, that's half of it.

Has anyone seen tags getting deleted? I don't know how I show an example of something that's not there.

I would assume there is a log entry for the item being removed.

MBSki
15 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I would assume there is a log entry for the item being removed.

Ok, thanks. Any suggestions on what string to search for?

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, MBSki said:

Ok, thanks. Any suggestions on what string to search for?

Example but "Removing item from database"

2024-03-04 09:23:35.950 Debug BaseItem: Removed item 1954 Audio C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Music - emby metadata\Blake Shelton\The Dreamer (2003)\Blake Shelton - 01 - Heavy Liftin'.flac
2024-03-04 09:23:35.950 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Audio, Name: Heavy Liftin', Path: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Music - emby metadata\Blake Shelton\The Dreamer (2003)\Blake Shelton - 01 - Heavy Liftin'.flac, Id: 1954

• Thanks 1

Smitty018210
41 minutes ago, Luke said:

So for the moment there isn't anything that can be done? Besides removing all the themes?

29 minutes ago, Smitty018210 said:

So for the moment there isn't anything that can be done? Besides removing all the themes?

Can you please show an example? thanks.

Smitty018210

@Luke I can post a similar image that the first person in the post did, but it will pretty much be the same.

Do you need a second image of this?

Edited by Smitty018210
  • Agree 1

Happy2Play

From a added tag standpoint I thing we will need an example theme.mp3 for specific media.

As for deleted tags would probably need the server logs for when it happened for a specific example.

Smitty018210
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

From a added tag standpoint I thing we will need an example theme.mp3 for specific media.

As for deleted tags would probably need the server logs for when it happened for a specific example.

@Happy2PlayThat's not possible when you click on those icons emby takes you to a new screen that is totally blank. I dose not provide any information. I have over 1000 movies. I have no idea what movie those themes/tags are connected too.

Happy2Play

Right it would have to be noticed when a new theme is added.  As of right now I believe one would would have to look in the database to see where/what the tag belongs to.

Happy2Play

Yes as themes are hidden item there tags show no item.

Smitty018210

So again, the only option I have is to delete all of the themes I have in my movie folders. If want to get rid of these.

There is no other fix?

Did you hunt down what files have those tags?

Smitty018210
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Did you hunt down what files have those tags?

@luke I have over a 1000 movies, with a file named theme.mp3 in each one. Emby dose not show a folder path to the files.

I wouldn't even have an idea where to even start looking for the themes with these mystery tags connected to them.

And how would I even see these tags?

They don't show up in emby?

I looks like the simplest fix is just delete all those files. That plugin is looking more and more like a waste of money.

Edited by Smitty018210

6 minutes ago, Smitty018210 said:

@luke I have over a 1000 movies, with a file named theme.mp3 in each one. Emby dose not show a folder path to the files.

I wouldn't even have an idea where to even start looking for the themes with these mystery tags connected to them.

And how would I even see these tags?

They don't show up in emby?

I looks like the simplest fix is just delete all those files. That plugin is looking more and more like a waste of money.

Right I was just curious if you know for certain that it's from a theme song or if you just think that it is.