Is there a limit to the number of servers defined in Emby Connect?

MartinCheetham
Go to solution Solved by darkassassin07,

MartinCheetham

Currently I am running 3 Emby servers (live, development and backup).  I have Emby connect setup to connect to two of them.  Works fine.  If I try to add the third I get connected and can login but when I return to the Emby connect server selection screen the third server has replaced the first one i.e. there are still only two servers to choose from.  Is this correct?  I would have thought any number of servers could be defined.  All of my servers are accessible through the same Host (managed by NoIP) but they use different ports.  I use port forwarding to direct incoming connections to the correct server.

Hi, there is no limit. Are these three unique installs or have you copied data between them?

Are they accessed by Emby apps using the same url?

• Solution
darkassassin07

If you've made a copy of an existing server: both servers will have the same device ID and cannot be remembered together.

To remedy this, stop the server, delete /programdata/data/device.txt, then start the server again. A new ID will be generated and both servers can now be remembered.

I encountered this a couple days ago when I copied my production server to make a beta instance.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

MartinCheetham

Perfect!  Thank you darkassassin07 that was the answer.  Who would have thought it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1