EMBY Restore from backup NOT working

Broc0liRab3

Broc0liRab3

I am trying to restore from a backup and my backups do not show up. they have regularly been making backups every day. they are in the folder it is set to. for some reason though nothing shows up on the bottom for me to select a restore. i lost a good portion of my movie setup and i need to run this backup and i am stuck. this is very frustruating as this has worked before and now it is simply not working at all.

just to test this i installed a BRAND NEW emby server on a seperate machine all together (fresh install) and i moved my backup to this machine and pointed the backup/restore to the parent folder my backup was in and still nothing at all. this is a problem. please get back to me on this. thank you!

image.png.5c060c9b113fc8d59e61cf4c758d665f.png

Happy2Play

Does running the task actually generates a new backup and give you access to it and your others? 

Broc0liRab3

it runs but it does not give me access. nothing shows up below the green save bar where the restores normally would

Happy2Play

Can you post the server log when the task ran.

Broc0liRab3

Ok so i figured out the issue, but im still having one. My backup is a different version than the latest. What i need to know now is how do i figure out what the version is inside the backup

3 hours ago, Broc0liRab3 said:

Ok so i figured out the issue, but im still having one. My backup is a different version than the latest. What i need to know now is how do i figure out what the version is inside the backup

The folder name will be completely different.  The new backup will create a folder called "Full Backup" and then potentially several "Databases" ones.

Broc0liRab3

what i need to know is how to find out what server version is in the backup i want to use. emby updated after a portion of my library got deleted. i put it all back where it goes and i need the backup from before it got deleted but it was on an older version. i hadnt updated in a month so im not sure exactly what version i can use

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, Broc0liRab3 said:

what i need to know is how to find out what server version is in the backup i want to use. emby updated after a portion of my library got deleted. i put it all back where it goes and i need the backup from before it got deleted but it was on an older version. i hadnt updated in a month so im not sure exactly what version i can use

The backupinfo.json in the folder tells you when the last back was as there is currently only one full backup.

But sure you may have a database from before but a full backup would not exist if I am understanding correctly

Broc0liRab3

so how can i use a previous backup. i have one specifically that i want to use from two days ago. the folder is called "Emby Backup - 2024-03-03 00.10.0 -Auto"  the only ones showing up though are ones made later on that night and THOSE for some reason are called "Emby Server Database - 2024-03-03 20.22.46" i do NOT want to use these as they were made after a big deletion took place. i need to be able to use the "emby backup -2024.03.03 00.10.00 -auto"

49 minutes ago, Broc0liRab3 said:

emby updated after a portion of my library got deleted

Hi. The backup plugin does not backup your library...

You cannot restore from a backup made prior to 4.8.

Broc0liRab3

i understand that. i have the library backed up and put it all back how it was. i need to downgrade my emby to before 4.8 this is not something i can let go of. i worked too hard on it. can you link me the latest version of the version before 4.8 so i can restore then update it back to the newest? i need to be able to restore this backup too many hours of stuff lost for me to let this go

3 minutes ago, Broc0liRab3 said:

i understand that. i have the library backed up and put it all back how it was. i need to downgrade my emby to before 4.8 this is not something i can let go of. i worked too hard on it. can you link me the latest version of the version before 4.8 so i can restore then update it back to the newest? i need to be able to restore this backup too many hours of stuff lost for me to let this go

Hi, what is it that you want to get out of the 4.7 backup? The 4.7 backup only backed up settings, so what you want might not even be in there.

Broc0liRab3

i looked through it. it has all the user date. what was watched last. what was added most recently. everything i want is in this backup.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Broc0liRab3 said:

i looked through it. it has all the user date. what was watched last. what was added most recently. everything i want is in this backup.

So you want to restore userdata and need the Legacy backup plugin to restore this older format?

IE a new system with no userdata?

Broc0liRab3

correct. the problem is when i try to download previous verisons it only comes with the system folder. 

Happy2Play

@Lukeis the Legacy plugin still attached somewhere or can it be be attached or should I just pm to OP.

On 3/4/2024 at 4:56 PM, Happy2Play said:

@Lukeis the Legacy plugin still attached somewhere or can it be be attached or should I just pm to OP.

Yes. @Broc0liRab3you could use this plugin to restore 4.7 watch data:

EmbyBackupLegacy.zip