auto downgrade to stable 4.8.3 from latest beta

kalakas

kalakas

Hello,

I updated my server to latest beta version, but it seems to be auto downgrading back down to current latest stable version 4.8.3?  Is this expected behavior?  Is there a way to disable this from happening?

Also, when it gets back to version 4.8.3, I lose access to my libraries (folders are NFS mounts to a separate storage server).  I try to add the libraries back manually and get an error that the server does not have access to the folder.  However, if I reinstall back to the latest beta, I have access to my libraries again?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Hi, there is no auto-update on linux, so how exactly are you updating?

• Like 1

Also, when it gets back to version 4.8.3, I lose access to my libraries (folders are NFS mounts to a separate storage server).  I try to add the libraries back manually and get an error that the server does not have access to the folder.  However, if I reinstall back to the latest beta, I have access to my libraries again?

It's because the rollback from 4.9 to 4.8 is not supported, so ideally you should go back up to 4.9.

• Like 1

kalakas

Thanks for the info! Still digging into my setup to determine root cause. Thanks again!

PeteBete

I had the same issue and went back to the latest beta (4.9.0.8-beta) - from 4.8.3.0. Libraries work fine in the beta.

PeteBete

@kalakasif you interested, I found the error log from attempting to run Emby Server 4.8.3.0 on a library database from the later Emby Server betas (Linux):

*** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.8.3.0
        Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/e
mby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
        Operating system: Linux version 6.5.0-21-generic (buildd@bos03-amd64-037) (x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc-13 (Ubuntu 13.2.0-4ubuntu3) 13.2.0, GN
U ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.4
        Framework: .NET 6.0.25
        OS/Process: x64/x64
        Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 4
        Data path: /var/lib/emby
        Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
        SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Error: no such column: Album - select type,Id,StartDate,EndDate,IsMovie,IsSeries,IsKids,IsSports,IsN
ews,IsRepeat,IsNew,IsPremiere,IsLive,CommunityRating,CustomRating,IndexNumber,IsLocked,PreferredMetadataLanguage,PreferredMetadataCountryCode,
Width,Height,DateLastRefreshed,Name,Path,PremiereDate,Overview,ParentIndexNumber,ProductionYear,OfficialRating,SortName,RunTimeTicks,Size,Cont
ainer,DateCreated,DateModified,guid,ParentId,IsInMixedFolder,DateLastSaved,LockedFields,OriginalTitle,CriticRating,SeriesName,Album,AlbumId,Se
riesId,PresentationUniqueKey,Tagline,ProviderIds,Images,ProductionLocations,TotalBitrate,ExtraType,ExternalId,SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,Stat
us,DisplayOrder,ThreeDFormat,ChannelNumber,RemoteTrailers,SortIndexNumber,SortParentIndexNumber,IndexNumberEnd,IsPublic from MediaItems where
Id=3
        SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
           at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteDatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(String sql, ReadOnlySpan`1& tail)
           at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItemByIdInternal(IDatabaseConnection db, Int64 id)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItemById(Int64 id)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetItemById(Int64 id)
           at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
           at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.ToArray()
           at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
           at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.UserRootFolder.GetItemsInternal(InternalItemsQuery query)
           at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetItems(InternalItemsQuery query)
           at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetChildren(InternalItemsQuery query)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor.Start()
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitorStartup.Run()
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.RunEntryPoints(IEnumerable`1 entryPoints, Boolean isBeforeStartup)
        Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
        TargetSite: SQLitePCL.pretty.IStatement PrepareStatement(System.String, System.ReadOnlySpan`1[System.Byte] ByRef)

As you can see, a database error when running with 4.8.3.0

• Like 1

Happy2Play
36 minutes ago, PeteBete said:

@kalakasif you interested, I found the error log from attempting to run Emby Server 4.8.3.0 on a library database from the later Emby Server betas (Linux):

*** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.8.3.0
        Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/e
mby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
        Operating system: Linux version 6.5.0-21-generic (buildd@bos03-amd64-037) (x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc-13 (Ubuntu 13.2.0-4ubuntu3) 13.2.0, GN
U ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.4
        Framework: .NET 6.0.25
        OS/Process: x64/x64
        Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 4
        Data path: /var/lib/emby
        Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
        SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Error: no such column: Album - select type,Id,StartDate,EndDate,IsMovie,IsSeries,IsKids,IsSports,IsN
ews,IsRepeat,IsNew,IsPremiere,IsLive,CommunityRating,CustomRating,IndexNumber,IsLocked,PreferredMetadataLanguage,PreferredMetadataCountryCode,
Width,Height,DateLastRefreshed,Name,Path,PremiereDate,Overview,ParentIndexNumber,ProductionYear,OfficialRating,SortName,RunTimeTicks,Size,Cont
ainer,DateCreated,DateModified,guid,ParentId,IsInMixedFolder,DateLastSaved,LockedFields,OriginalTitle,CriticRating,SeriesName,Album,AlbumId,Se
riesId,PresentationUniqueKey,Tagline,ProviderIds,Images,ProductionLocations,TotalBitrate,ExtraType,ExternalId,SeriesPresentationUniqueKey,Stat
us,DisplayOrder,ThreeDFormat,ChannelNumber,RemoteTrailers,SortIndexNumber,SortParentIndexNumber,IndexNumberEnd,IsPublic from MediaItems where
Id=3
        SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
           at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteDatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(String sql, ReadOnlySpan`1& tail)
           at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItemByIdInternal(IDatabaseConnection db, Int64 id)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItemById(Int64 id)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetItemById(Int64 id)
           at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
           at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.ToArray()
           at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
           at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.UserRootFolder.GetItemsInternal(InternalItemsQuery query)
           at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetItems(InternalItemsQuery query)
           at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetChildren(InternalItemsQuery query)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor.Start()
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitorStartup.Run()
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.RunEntryPoints(IEnumerable`1 entryPoints, Boolean isBeforeStartup)
        Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
        TargetSite: SQLitePCL.pretty.IStatement PrepareStatement(System.String, System.ReadOnlySpan`1[System.Byte] ByRef)

As you can see, a database error when running with 4.8.3.0

Yes as this is a change in beta 4.9 that removed the Album column from the database. 

Might have some luck if you do this.

• Like 1

PeteBete
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Yes as this is a change in beta 4.9 that removed the Album column from the database. 

Might have some luck if you do this.

@Happy2PlayThanks. In my own case I am a happy beta use camper. Interesting to know though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1