Suddenly Can't Connect To Server Even On Local Machine

Scott310

Scott310

Hey Guys,

is anyone else having this issue?  I can't connect to the server from any remote devices so I went to the host and used the taskbar icon to configure mediabrowser and even the local host cannot connect to the server.  I was trying to avoid reinstalling the software but it looks like I may be forced to try that next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I would post logs but I can't seem to get to the logs either.

thanks.

Scott310

Oh ok, I was able to get to the folder.  The log is too big to upload. I'm not sure which part or how far back you need.

Scott310

It seems to be working again but tthe only way I could get it to work was with a fresh install.  I tried doing it without erasing all traces but it still wouldn't work.  Come to think of it I should have saved my configuration data cause it looks like now that my "users" data and "watched" items are gone.    Its not the end of the world but its my fault for freaking out and trying to get it working again quickly. I should have done a backup.

Lesson learned...

I found that today if i open a web config page (Right click tray icon, select Config MB) that it would show for a second and then switch to the Web client Home page. On the web client page i had to log off the current user and select the Admin user (user allowed to setup server) to get to the Config server page. This had never happened before, until today. I only had two users before but i added one more the other day and maybe that caused it some how.

So if you are having trouble then make sure you log off (MB user) and log on with a user that can manage the server. Maybe you some how set all user to not allowed to manage the server.

Edited by Rainey