Audio Track Issue

Ditendra

Ditendra

I'm facing this problem: Only in Samsung Emby app, some audio tracks aren't working even if they're selected. For example, movies has 2 Russian audios and 1 English. No matter if I choose English audio, Emby still plays Russian one. I went to settings and chose English for preferred language, but still nothing, still most of my movies are in Russian audio and English simply doesn't work. However, on my Windows PC Emby server, this isn't a problem. Plz help. Really want to ditch stupid Plex and replace it with Emby, but this is a major problem for me.

Ditendra
6 hours ago, SamES said:

What model TV? Does it have the latest firmware?  Check the Samsung support website for your model. Don’t just rely on the TV’s automatic updates.  

Let me see...

• MODEL: UE49MU6100
  • SOFTWARE VERSION: 1400

Just checked and it told me that I have a latest version.

Ditendra
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

I have a lots of logs here. Which one are you interested in?

image.thumb.png.8b10e3e1f0777f44a4e13f1acbea481e.png

Edited by Ditendra

Hi, the one from the timeframe in which the problem was experienced. Thanks.

Ditendra
20 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, the one from the timeframe in which the problem was experienced. Thanks.

Hi, attaching them now.

I noticted that when I choose movie from my base and start, it still starts with Russian language, even though I set English as a preferred language everywhere (client and server) and same about subtitles. Weirdest thing is that if I click subtitles or audio track, it shows me English is selected, but audio track played is still Russian. If I change, subtitles usually work. Audio sometimes changes, sometimes not, I think it looks on subtitle. In my opinion "preffered language" isn't properly forced and that's why it happens.

@SamES

logs.zip

SamES

I can see that you're using the app store version of the app which is quite old - 1.2.6

I believe this is a problem that was resolved in newer versions.  You can test the USB Beta version to confirm. Unfortunately it's the only way you can currently get newer app updates on older model TV's.  Just be aware that you will need to reinstall it every 30 days as it has a built-in expiry from Samsung, but it does mean you will get more regular updates.

Ditendra
16 hours ago, SamES said:

I can see that you're using the app store version of the app which is quite old - 1.2.6

I believe this is a problem that was resolved in newer versions.  You can test the USB Beta version to confirm. Unfortunately it's the only way you can currently get newer app updates on older model TV's.  Just be aware that you will need to reinstall it every 30 days as it has a built-in expiry from Samsung, but it does mean you will get more regular updates.

Why app in Samsung can't update itself? It sounds quite tiring chore to manually update it every month. I think I'm gonna wait until EMBY gets more improved. Will check it after an year or so, meanwhile I'll stick with Plex then.

SamES

Samsung don't normally allow updates to apps in their app store for models more than 5 years old.  That is a Samsung limitation and not something that we have control over.  Of course, if you are a high-end partner like Netflix then that is a different story, but for other apps, that is their policy

Ditendra
6 minutes ago, SamES said:

Samsung don't normally allow updates to apps in their app store for models more than 5 years old.  That is a Samsung limitation and not something that we have control over.  Of course, if you are a high-end partner like Netflix then that is a different story, but for other apps, that is their policy

Ugh, this really sucks. Plex app gets updated very often, probably they're high end partner too I guess. It's makes me sad, because I really dislike Plex as a whole company & as a protest I wanted to replace them with better alternative.

Maybe one day you become high end partner too. Let's hope.

1 hour ago, Ditendra said:

Will check it after an year or so, meanwhile I'll stick with Plex then.

Hi, don't you want a personal media server and not on that puts your information into the cloud? Does that not make the usb install worth it?

• Agree 2

Ditendra
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, don't you want a personal media server and not on that puts your information into the cloud? Does that not make the usb install worth it?

You're right. It does. I'll try to do it today when I get home from work. Thanks for help, Luke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ditendra

I think I did it, installed it from USB, but when it launched, it already said that the newer version is available. I checked the version in settings and says 1.7.5 for Samsung. Then checked my movies and problem still exists with audio tracks...

SamES
2 hours ago, Ditendra said:

I think I did it, installed it from USB, but when it launched, it already said that the newer version is available. I checked the version in settings and says 1.7.5 for Samsung. Then checked my movies and problem still exists with audio tracks...

Yes, it was unfortunate timing.  Samsung expires the USB builds on a set date, which is about every 30 days and we will publish a new version around that time.  Unfortunately, you have installed this just at that time.  I expect @Lukewill update this shortly.  The good news is that once you install the next update, you will be good for 30 days.

With regards to your issue, can you please provide server and any related ffmpeg logs for your test, with debug logging enabled.  Please let me know what time you did the test so that I can find it in the logs.

The USB version also has some additional information in the Stats for Nerds function during playback which can helps us with this problem.  Can you also provide a photo of the screen showing the stats for nerds and the currently displayed subtitles during playback when it is displaying the wrong subtitles?  Pausing at an appropriate point is a good approach.

SamES

1.7.6 is now available