Emby Connect clarification

davedick

davedick

I wanted to clarify a couple of things when using Emby connect.

1. Add user to server and assign password
  2. User creates an emby connect id (password I selected and they selected are two different ones)
  3. I enter in email/emby connect user to emby connect under user account.
  4. User accepts invite.

This is the part I want to clarify.. Using Emby theater, the user enters in the Emby connect user/password and even though the password I used when creating the local account, was different, it will still connect with the Emby connect pw?

I've had hit and miss getting Emby connect to work.  Usually after entering the user/pw, I get some sort of message of entering a 5 digit code

Second, when setting up a device to use Emby connect, does it populate the server address (like if you were connecting manually) ?

Thanks

Edited by davedick

7 hours ago, davedick said:

Using Emby theater, the user enters in the Emby connect user/password 

Hi. If you want to use Connect, then they should not be entering a user/pw on that device.  Instead, they should be selecting "Login with Connect" and then going to emby.media/pin on another device and entering their credentials there.

If they, instead, login with user and password directly on the device, that is fine but they are not using Connect and you don't need to even set that up.

7 hours ago, davedick said:

and even though the password I used when creating the local account, was different, it will still connect with the Emby connect pw?

Yes, we do that extra check because people are often confused by which password they should use.  So this is by design.

pwhodges
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

Yes, we do that extra check because people are often confused by which password they should use.  So this is by design.

Thanks for the information; it's as well to know this - otherwise it could be confusing for diagnosis at the very least!

Paul