Downloads Vanishing?

CaptRodwell

CaptRodwell

Hi,

I have a setup with a large library of kids shows and my two kids have a tablet each that I download stuff to for them to watch in the car on long journeys. The problem I have is that it works for one jouney but then the next time I turn the tablet and open Emby the downloads have all vanished. I assume they have been automatically removed somehow why is this and can I stop it from happening so that I have control of when downloads are removed?

There appears to be no mention in the documentation about when downloads will be removed and I can't find anything in the settings to allow me to control this behavior
https://emby.media/support/articles/Offline-Access.html

Apologies if I have missed something

Hi, this shouldn't happen, no. Did you clear app data by any chance?

CaptRodwell

Thanks for replying and no I haven't cleared the app data.

CaptRodwell

It's just happened again. Is there any information that I could provide that would help to figure why it is happening?

Can you please provide an example? Thanks.

CaptRodwell

I've set some up and have turned on logging in the android app. I'll reply again when I have something to share.

CaptRodwell

It happened again but this time with logging turned on,

Fri Mar 15 21:18:34 GMT 2024 MediaSync: Begin checkLocalFileExistencesion
Fri Mar 15 21:18:34 GMT 2024 MediaSync: File missing at path /storage/3665-6362/Android/data/com.mb.android/files/emby_downloads/Videos/The Tiger Who Came to Tea/The Tiger Who Came To Tea (2019).mp4. Removing item...
Fri Mar 15 21:18:34 GMT 2024 MediaSync: File missing at path /storage/3665-6362/Android/data/com.mb.android/files/emby_downloads/Videos/We're Going on a Bear Hunt/We're Going on a Bear Hunt (2016).mp4. Removing item...
Fri Mar 15 21:18:34 GMT 2024 MediaSync: File missing at path /storage/3665-6362/Android/data/com.mb.android/files/emby_downloads/TV/Raa Raa the Noisy Lion/Season 2/Raa_Raa_the_Noisy_Lion.S02E01.Crockys_Wobbly_Tooth.mp4. Removing item..

I have the download location set to External storage which is a SanDisk SD card, the SD card hadn't been removed and I hadn't manually deleted the files. I wonder if it's when the tablet gets turned on and Emby started straight away before the SD card is accessible perhaps?

It's plausible. Have you noticed the files still being there when the app thinks they are not?

• 2 weeks later...
Atix0

Hello, I have the same problem.

I have had this problem since Emby Server 4.8.0.0. (and 4.8.3.0 too)
I use Android Emby, I download a series (unseen episodes only) and if I watch an episode offline, the next time all downloads disappear.
I also download it to an external sd card.
The files are also missing.

Thanks for the help, Atix0

yaksplat

My son just told me about this same issue.  He downloads a bunch of music onto his phone.  He said that it's always fine until i add new music to the library, then random downloaded songs disappear.  Not a whole album or artist, just a random selection.

On 3/28/2024 at 10:45 AM, yaksplat said:

My son just told me about this same issue.  He downloads a bunch of music onto his phone.  He said that it's always fine until i add new music to the library, then random downloaded songs disappear.  Not a whole album or artist, just a random selection.

Hi, is it possible that app data was cleared?

CaptRodwell
On 3/17/2024 at 7:32 PM, Luke said:

It's plausible. Have you noticed the files still being there when the app thinks they are 

Over the last few weeks I have started just leaving the tablet a couple of mins after turning it on before starting Emby and I haven't had the problem since.

yaksplat
On 4/4/2024 at 12:50 AM, Luke said:

Hi, is it possible that app data was cleared?

No.

Are you still able to reproduce this with new downloads?

apefray

@Luke

Luke, I've just encountered the same thing, I had several albums downloaded to my phone, but they have all vanished. 

I haven't touched Emby server for several weeks as it just runs without issues 🤔

'Just checked the manage downloads section on Emby, and it's trying to download all the previous downloaded albums but is currently failing' 

Edited by apefray
More info