Server inaccessible

crusher11

crusher11

A few days ago I started getting 521 errors from CloudFlare when attempting to connect remotely. Local was working fine, though.

Emphasis on was, as I am now no longer able to connect via LAN either.

crusher11

Hmm. It turns out it wasn't running, so it evidently just shut itself down at some point. I've attached what I assume to be the last log before the shutdown.

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI there, let's look at an example of your issue:

Thanks.

This is unhelpful, as everything there assumes the server can be accessed.

embyserver-63844951801.txt

I don't see anything obvious here, so I would just start up the server and see if it happens again. Doesn't look like there was a crash. You click restart and it shutdown without coming back up I guess.

crusher11
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

It does have this line:

If you're having difficulty using the web interface, logs can found in the Emby Server Data Folder.

Those aren't anonymised, are they?

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

I don't see anything obvious here, so I would just start up the server and see if it happens again. Doesn't look like there was a crash. You click restart and it shutdown without coming back up I guess.

I didn't restart it. I didn't touch it.

crusher11

Why was this moved to the testing area?

2 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I didn't restart it. I didn't touch it.

Well it's in the log. An http request came in from the web app to restart.

crusher11
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Well it's in the log. An http request came in from the web app to restart.

Oh, it's probably the wrong log. There were some plugin updates requiring a restart when I got it back up.

OK I don't see anything obvious there. If the process shutdown then I would check windows event viewer.

When troubleshooting something like this it's a good idea to remove unknown variables that could be coming from plugins:

Bulky 1.0.20.0
	Chapter API 1.3.0.8
	Classification Mapper 1.0.0.4
	Com Skipper 1.2.3.0
	Iconic Image Enhancer 2.4.0.0
	Intro Skip 1.0.0.3
	Intros Backup 1.0.0.6
	Playback Reporting 2.1.0.5
	Pushbullet Notifications 3.1.7.0
	Smart Playlist 2.4.0.1
	Statistics 3.2.0.0
	Strm Extract 1.0.0.0
	Vantage Point 2.1.0.5
	VirtualTV 2.0.2.0

crusher11

Again, that advice is completely unhelpful because it was a random shutdown. I cannot remove plugins and test if that changes anything because I have no way of knowing what to do to reproduced the circumstances that caused the crash in the first place.

It's also not a Windows install, so Windows event viewer is unlikely to be helpful, although it's worth noting that I did get a BSOD on my Windows PC around the same time as the Emby crash.

crusher11

I'm still unable to connect remotely, however.

6 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I'm still unable to connect remotely, however.

Hi there, what exactly happens when you try?

Happy2Play

Only way to test if it is a third party app or not is remove them as this would appear to be a specific issue to your setup.

But for sure per errors in your log Smart Playlists has issues.

2024-03-02 00:06:01.964 Error App: [SmartPlaylist][Error]: The type initializer for 'SmartPlaylist.Domain.DefinedOrders' threw an exception.
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.1.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /volume1/Emby/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.59+ (root@build6) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25556 SMP PREEMPT Tue Mar 21 22:21:50 CST 2023
	Framework: .NET 6.0.25
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /volume1/Emby
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.TypeInitializationException: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SmartPlaylist.Domain.DefinedOrders' threw an exception.
	 ---> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
	Could not load type 'MediaBrowser.Model.Playlists.PlaylistCreationResult' from assembly 'MediaBrowser.Model, Version=4.8.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
	   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
	   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
	   at SmartPlaylist.Extensions.AssemblyExtensions.FindDerivedTypes[TBase](Assembly assembly)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Extensions.AssemblyExtensions.FindAndCreateDerivedTypes[TBase](Assembly assembly)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Domain.DefinedOrders..cctor()
	System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MediaBrowser.Model.Playlists.PlaylistCreationResult' from assembly 'MediaBrowser.Model, Version=4.8.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CleanupOldCriteriaDecorator.CleanupOldLimit(SmartPlaylistDto dto)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CleanupOldCriteriaDecorator.CleanupSmartPlaylist(SmartPlaylistDto dto)
	   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CleanupOldCriteriaDecorator.GetAllSmartPlaylistsAsync()
	   at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CacheableSmartPlaylistStore.<GetAllCachedSmartPlaylistAsync>b__8_0()
	   at SmartPlaylist.Infrastructure.MemCache.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<<GetOrCreateManyAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
	   at SmartPlaylist.Infrastructure.MemCache.GetOrCreateManyAsync(Func`1 createAllFunc, TimeSpan absoluteExpiration)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CacheableSmartPlaylistStore.GetAllCachedSmartPlaylistAsync()
	   at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.CacheableSmartPlaylistStore.GetAllSmartPlaylistsAsync()
	   at SmartPlaylist.PerfLoggerDecorators.Services.SmartPlaylistStorePerfLoggerDecorator.GetAllSmartPlaylistsAsync()
	   at SmartPlaylist.Services.SmartPlaylist.SmartPlaylistProvider.GetAllUpdateableSmartPlaylistsAsync()
	   at SmartPlaylist.PerfLoggerDecorators.Services.SmartPlaylistProviderPerfLoggerDecorator.GetAllUpdateableSmartPlaylistsAsync()
	   at SmartPlaylist.Handlers.CommandHandlers.UpdateAllSmartPlaylistsCommandHandler.HandleAsync(UpdateAllSmartPlaylistsCommand message)
	   at SmartPlaylist.PerfLoggerDecorators.PerLoggerMessageDecorator`1.HandleAsync(T message)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Infrastructure.MessageBus.Decorators.SuppressAsyncExceptionDecorator`1.HandleAsync(T message)
	Source: SmartPlaylist
	TargetSite: Boolean CleanupOldLimit(SmartPlaylist.Contracts.SmartPlaylistDto)
	InnerException: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
	Could not load type 'MediaBrowser.Model.Playlists.PlaylistCreationResult' from assembly 'MediaBrowser.Model, Version=4.8.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: System.RuntimeType[] GetTypes(System.Reflection.RuntimeModule)
	   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
	   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
	   at SmartPlaylist.Extensions.AssemblyExtensions.FindDerivedTypes[TBase](Assembly assembly)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Extensions.AssemblyExtensions.FindAndCreateDerivedTypes[TBase](Assembly assembly)
	   at SmartPlaylist.Domain.DefinedOrders..cctor()

Unless debug logging shows more there is really nothing in the log if it stopped/shutdown at 0418 as the only thing going on was a library scan getting a lot from TMDB.

crusher11
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, what exactly happens when you try?

I was getting a 521 error from CloudFlare. Having switched CloudFlare from proxied to DNS only, I'm now getting an "unable to connect" error from my browser.

What is the full and exact message that you get?

crusher11

Unable to connect

An error occurred during a connection to [my domain]

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Waterfox is permitted to access the web.

Is the server process running?

crusher11

It's accessible via LAN, yeah. The WAN access issue has been ongoing for several days and is unrelated to the crash from last night.

Hi, did you figure this out?

• 2 weeks later...
crusher11

Yes, it was an NGINX config issue so it ended up being discussed in that thread.

• Thanks 1