Rationalize View Settings in Music library screens

wordlover

wordlover

This topic has been raised in several places, so I'll summarize it here as a single request: that Emby offer more consistent, appropriate View Settings options in Music Library views. The options should be different from those in TV & Movie screens, and the full appropriate set of options should be available in all main Music screens.

1. View options that don't really make sense (or would be very rarely used) for any view of a Music library include "Studios" and "Overview," as well as Parental , Community and Critic ratings.
  2. For Playlist views, "Size" and "Year" don't seem to be active (or meaningful) so remove them as options.
  3. For Genre screens please add options (as already exist for Playlists) to view Runtime as well as Genre (i.e. displaying overlapping and subgenres).
  4. Although I don't use Tags, I gather that many users do, so can viewing those be included as an option for all Music view screens?

Edited by wordlover
  • Like 1

Hi for #1 those fields are all supported, they’re just usually empty.

wordlover

I understand - just mentioned the idea because in one of the earlier threads on this topic you expressed concern about not having enough room for all the option tick boxes.

For Playlist views, "Size" and "Year" don't seem to be active (or meaningful) so remove them as options.

Agreed.

Although I don't use Tags, I gather that many users do, so can viewing those be included as an option for all Music view screens?

They will show up when you have tags.