Emby Theater Windows

danny19901

danny19901

Theres a few things I want to mention and unsure if this is normal but Listening to music in Emby Theater Repeat and shuffle so far I haven't seen a shuffle button as for the repeat button when in music player with list is out the way and then theres a odd cut off behaviour. Where it says play queue thats fully scrolled up and slightly cut off.

A few other things I have noticed is also my tv shows seem a bit messy as if it hadn't tried to organise them properly all my media is pretty much organised as I originally used Plex and Decided to try out emby and bought lifetime pass I have also been trying to get games working but no avail unsure why any help would be much appreciated.image.thumb.png.3d9144d8bb7fbc0d9f3dc679a703eafc.png
image.thumb.png.55ed92e4530c4b215a07d2da51cc6143.pngimage.thumb.png.4e0dddefb72b7c65dc45176d89d20c5e.png

darkassassin07

With shuffle: the only option to shuffle is when viewing a playlist/album/artist there's a shuffle button that empties your now playing queue and replaces it with the selected item in a randomized order.

There is no ability to enable/disable shuffle on your now playing list like every other media player on the planet and I've been unable to convince the dev it's necessary/desired. (though it's been a few years since I tried)

I refuse to use emby for music because of this.

danny19901

Thanks for the reply and yeah I honestly think shuffle is 1 of the best features for music sometimes some albums have good and bad songs and shuffle just makes it more interesting

• Agree 1

Hi, what version of Theater is that?

danny19901
Posted (edited)

Sorry late reply was watching some stuff I believe it's the latest version afaik 4.9.0.8

I'm a bit baffled as mine looks nothing like screenshots from https://emby.media/emby-theater.html

Is it possibly due to desktop mode I chosen auto had a ton of scrolling issues.

Edited by danny19901

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, danny19901 said:

Sorry late reply was watching some stuff I believe it's the latest version afaik 4.9.0.8

That would be the server version.

ET would be 3.0.20 (desktop) or app store v1.1.471.0

danny19901

3.0.20 sorry is the version im using of theater

danny19901

Has or does anyone know why this happens there's a few things that happens in Emby theater and rather making numerous threads/ topics hope all can be solved in one place.

so watching TV series or films they seem a bit dark as seen hopefully in screenshot but if open cast & crew or info the brightness improves but as soon as go back off it brightness dims again I'm not sure if it's a setting or some issue.

another thing I was wondering I was wanting to add theme songs to TV series I seen a plugin but seems have to pay for it which is a bit of a shame really.
image.thumb.png.721f1c26ebcd05b0692c601ca0685179.pngimage.thumb.png.c2e16964004379b0f8be935e9b5e2668.png

Happy2Play
17 minutes ago, danny19901 said:

so watching TV series or films they seem a bit dark as seen hopefully in screenshot but if open cast & crew or info the brightness improves but as soon as go back off it brightness dims again I'm not sure if it's a setting or some issue.

Dev will have to comment as I am not seeing this behavior.  But will look as this does sound familiar.

17 minutes ago, danny19901 said:

another thing I was wondering I was wanting to add theme songs to TV series I seen a plugin but seems have to pay for it which is a bit of a shame really.

Yes the Plugin Dev charges a premium to automatically download these themes.  But there is nothing stopping you from manually adding them.

We'll take a look at the header problem on the now playing screen. Thanks.

danny19901
Posted (edited)

A strange question but is it possible we could get a shuffle feature for music and possibly lyric find support in emby (It's what plex seems to use for lyrics) and I believe it's free after checking website I ask as I kinda use Emby more than my plex overall find it a better experience also want to say great work.

Edited by danny19901

9 hours ago, danny19901 said:

A strange question but is it possible we could get a shuffle feature for music and possibly lyric find support in emby (It's what plex seems to use for lyrics) and I believe it's free after checking website I ask as I kinda use Emby more than my plex overall find it a better experience also want to say great work.

Hi, don't we already have shuffle buttons all over the user interface?

darkassassin07
57 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, don't we already have shuffle buttons all over the user interface?

You have buttons that clear the now playing list and re-fill it with a shuffled version of whatever album/playlist you have selected.

You do not have shuffle buttons on the actual media player.

You cannot shuffle the now playing list you've manually created.

I don't build permanent playlists, ever.  I scroll thru artists/albums, selecting the ones I feel like playing at the time and add them to the now playing queue.

From there I would generally playback in the order they were added, but I often like to switch between shuffle playback (randomly jumping between tracks in the entire now playing queue) and regular playback (playing items in the order they were added).

I cannot do this with Emby and thus do not use emby for music ever. At most it gets used to download music to my phone.

Here's my feature request for this from 2017.....

Edited by darkassassin07
  • Like 1

danny19901

I just found something odd with emby theatre unsure why but it seems on windows 11 anyway it doesn't detect the program so it can't be used with snap grids and if dragged to the top it doesnt fullscreen also resizing of the window I can only do it near the close, fullscreen and minimize on top right anywhere else at the top won't let me resize it.

reason I mention this is if i'm watching something or listening the now playing bar gets hidden under the taskbar unless it's fullscreen

TroyKing
16 hours ago, darkassassin07 said:

You have buttons that clear the now playing list and re-fill it with a shuffled version of whatever album/playlist you have selected.

You do not have shuffle buttons on the actual media player.

You cannot shuffle the now playing list you've manually created.

I don't build permanent playlists, ever.  I scroll thru artists/albums, selecting the ones I feel like playing at the time and add them to the now playing queue.

From there I would generally playback in the order they were added, but I often like to switch between shuffle playback (randomly jumping between tracks in the entire now playing queue) and regular playback (playing items in the order they were added).

I cannot do this with Emby and thus do not use emby for music ever. At most it gets used to download music to my phone.

Here's my feature request for this from 2017.....

I agree, would love a shuffle button in one of these screens, at least next to the repeat button

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 9.33.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 9.36.39 AM.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
danny19901

Whats the best method of organising music same album all in one folder but gets split think it's due to different artists and no method to group or merge them into 1 album

image.thumb.png.935f14579b806c775da32925fa507509.png

darkassassin07

Music organization is entirely down to the tags in the files; filenames and folder structure are ignored.

Also, multiple music libraries get merged together. Two libraries with seprate albums for the same artist: opening that artist via either library will list all of their albums from all libraries (that your user has access too), and will even double up the tracks in each album if you have multiple copies of it in seprate locations.

I used to use the tool mp3tag on windows, but I'm looking for a new tool now that I'm using Debian.

Edited by darkassassin07

16 hours ago, danny19901 said:

Whats the best method of organising music same album all in one folder but gets split think it's due to different artists and no method to group or merge them into 1 album

image.thumb.png.935f14579b806c775da32925fa507509.png

Hi, are all tracks in the album tagged with the same album and albumartist values? Those are the key to getting them grouped together as an album.

danny19901

I sorted it now used mp3tag I do have 1 last question and unsure why this happens I made a logo for this Tony Hawks Music Collection and oddly shows in the now playing but not in the other screen as seen in the screenshots I'm unsure why it's not showing up.image.thumb.png.4cee15e89f8fa292d4ef5f5c3699e04b.pngimage.thumb.png.4e5b9d0322847ebc4d6e85918bb8c2f1.pngimage.thumb.png.f83a5b5feff3973cc7795a89466191bd.png

danny19901

won't let me edit But this seems to be happening in album view

Hi, so you added a logo to the album or the artist?

danny19901

To the album I had also made a logo for a differerent album and same thing shows in now playing but not in the album view like in pics

OK we'll have to look at where we might be able to work it in. Thanks.

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK we'll have to look at where we might be able to work it in. Thanks.

Why would it not follow the same rule/config as other details pages?  As title or pagetitle

9 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Why would it not follow the same rule/config as other details pages?  As title or pagetitle

Because unlike TV logos, artist logos are often not easy to read. That's why the album screen is using plain text for the artist rather than the artist logo. The logo could be used in the upper left, but then the mobile album view is a little cramped.