Emby server struggling with transcoding

sweetsuicide

sweetsuicide

Hi,

I tried watching a high bitrate encoded file on my firetvstick. It wasn't possibile, the playback was bad. I did some research and it seems like the firestick tv is designed to work with streams up to 30 mbps (video only), so I chalked it up to that. Today I tried watching the same content on my laptop using the web interface. The video is stuttering.

All of the 4 cores of my JasperLake 5095 computer are running 100% (to give a better perspective it's inside a docker container, I am a premiere user and I upgraded to the latest version). Is transcoding audio THIS resource intensive?

On another note, I paused and started the video multiple times, and watching the control panel:

1) one time it stopped transcoding altogether

2) one time it showed transcoding without the hw acceleration

What am I missing here? Is my 5095 really that underpowered for hw transcoding? Why is the audio transcoding (I suppose it's that, video hw transcoding should be really no issue). I have a geforce gt 750 lying around. Will using that make transcoding work better?

Thanks

Screenshot Emby.jpg

Screenshot Emby2.jpg

Edited by sweetsuicide

sweetsuicide

I have to add, when I took the screenshot inside the web player I found out that hw transcoding wasn't showing up. I went back to the control panel and I saw it wasn't showing. Stopping ad starting the reproduction again made the green symbol appear again, but the playback stuttering is unchanged between the two scenarios

@sweetsuicideCan you please attach the complete emby server log file rather than a snippet? Please also attach the ffmpeg log as well. Thanks.

sweetsuicide

I will, thank you very much for your patience

On 3/6/2024 at 4:01 AM, sweetsuicide said:

I will, thank you very much for your patience

HI, that would be great. thanks.