Continue Playing niggle when Skip Into is showing

tedfroop21

tedfroop21

Not entierly sure this is just a Roku thing - guess I need to check it in android but....

-Watching TV show episodes. 

-Are you still watching?  pops up.

-Press a button.

-Emby skips the intro.

-Emby does not see the button press that skips the intro as a button press, and you have to press a button again to continue playing.

Is it possible to either:

-Have the skip intro look like a button press for Are You Still Watching.

-Suspend the skip into for the episode when it asks if you are still watching.

Edited by tedfroop21

Yeah. I can see how the skip intro button will "steal" focus from the prompt for are you still watching. The unfocused prompt will lose keypresses and they will pass to the focused skip intro button instead. We need to adjust how the skip intro button takes focus and not have it steal focus when the prompt asking are you still watching is visible and has focus. That would solve this correctly. We can get this fixed and i'll add it to our issue tracker.

Having the skip intro instead dismiss the are you still watching prompt when it is visible is possible, but not as cleanly, it would be more a hack to do that.

This problem might also be an issue in Android TV, since it shares much in common with the Roku app.

Reference: Issue #1575: Skip Intro button will steal focus from "Are you still watching?" prompt.

Edited by speechles
  • Thanks 1

tedfroop21
33 minutes ago, speechles said:

This problem might also be an issue in Android TV, since it shares much in common with the Roku app.

Since I have both I will try it out and let you know.....

4 minutes ago, tedfroop21 said:

Since I have both I will try it out and let you know.....

Thanks. It might have the same fault as Android TV had it first, and Roku was implemented in the same manner afterwards.

tedfroop21

Android TV app behaves in exactly the same way as the Roku.