custom (parental) ratings for series

MagicDoubleM

MagicDoubleM

Can we make the custom parental rating of a show make count for every season and ep as long as there is none set for those? Right now, I have to edit every single episode to have it showing up.

Well let me clarify, the inherited value does not get displayed, but it is utilized for parental control restrictions.

• Like 1

MagicDoubleM

Hm, interesting. Let me explain this one particular case. I have a show, and unlike usually, this one has rating Infos for every episode, they're TV-MA. Now when I set the custom rating on show-level to TV-14 I'd like to see all underlying episodes show up on a account that is limited to TV-14. 

But that doesn't happen. I get to see the show info, but no episodes.

Happy2Play

Yes if episodes don't have specific rating it will inherit from Series level.  But since you have episode with specific rating set you would have to set each episode to override it.

I don't believe it is but @Lukeis episode level mpaa being written?  As I see mixed result on my test system.

• Like 1

MagicDoubleM
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Yes if episodes don't have specific rating it will inherit from Series level.  But since you have episode with specific rating set you would have to set each episode to override it.

I don't believe it is but @Lukeis episode level mpaa being written?  As I see mixed result on my test system.

Hm, yeah, I assumed it's coming from emby, whenever there is such a info found in the databases, but it could be coming from Sonarr maybe.

I still think "Custom Rating" on show-level should be prioritized for decision-making, as long as season and eps don't have a "Custom Rating". 

On 3/1/2024 at 12:25 PM, Happy2Play said:

Normally it's going to be null and inherited from the series.

On 3/1/2024 at 3:26 PM, MagicDoubleM said:

Hm, yeah, I assumed it's coming from emby, whenever there is such a info found in the databases, but it could be coming from Sonarr maybe.

I still think "Custom Rating" on show-level should be prioritized for decision-making, as long as season and eps don't have a "Custom Rating". 

Are you using nfo files created by other software?

MagicDoubleM
On 3/6/2024 at 6:43 AM, Luke said:

Are you using nfo files created by other software?

Indeed, these infos probably originated from sonarr's nfo-file.

Maybe try turning off nfo generation in sonarr?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Maybe try turning off nfo generation in sonarr?

Haven't found the variable but just removed Identification and redentified a show and episode level mpaa was written.

<mpaa>TV-14</mpaa>

Currently tested with everything enabled.

image.png.f8838d8e96290143f3f237ed27a499fe.png

35 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Haven't found the variable but just removed Identification and redentified a show and episode level mpaa was written.

<mpaa>TV-14</mpaa>

Currently tested with everything enabled.

image.png.f8838d8e96290143f3f237ed27a499fe.png

Maybe tvdb sends it back at the episode level in some cases?

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, Luke said:

Maybe tvdb sends it back at the episode level in some cases?

Actually in this case it is coming from OMDB per cached metadata.

• Thanks 1