Media Info not displayed

pbzh1
Go to solution Solved by pbzh1,

pbzh1

Hey guys,

Maybe you can help. I have to emby servers running as LXC container. Both are on v 4.8.1.0. On one the media info is correctly shown, on the other, in following example exactly the same file, nothing is shown. Does someone have an idea what could cause that?

Appreciate your help.

Pat

with.jpg

without.jpg

Hi, please try refreshing the metadata on it and see if that helps.

roaku

I can't verify this at the moment, but I believe the media info section requires both the user to be an admin and a UI configuration checkbox to be checked in order for it  to display.

Also, certain apps, like the Roku, won't display it, regardless of settings.

1 hour ago, roaku said:

I can't verify this at the moment, but I believe the media info section requires both the user to be an admin and a UI configuration checkbox to be checked in order for it  to display.

It shows for me with non-admin users. Does yours not show?

1 hour ago, roaku said:

Also, certain apps, like the Roku, won't display it, regardless of settings.

The Roku could and would display it if the "details layout" were to include it. We do have layouts/code developed for Roku to display the media information of the streams. Just needs to get updated to present time to match the web app in TV mode then get pushed into the Roku codebase. It is on our radar.

@pbzh1If it doesn't show after refreshing the metadata it means ffprobe can't read the media file. The file itself is corrupt/missing parts or the location the file is stored on cannot be read (bad sectors/unmounted drive).

Edited by speechles

pbzh1

Thanks guys for the fast reply, the library type is Home videos & photos, they are self made videos.

@LukeI already refresh the Library a couple of times, no effect, could it be a permission issue? I already checked that directly on the linux server (/var/lib/emby) but maybe I missed something...

@speechles all my files are mounted via cifs with the same user und mount settings. and they are playing fine on both servers. but I will double check that 🙂

• Solution
pbzh1

Found the problem 😕 somehow the setting "Show full media info on audio and video detail screens" was not activated, didn't even now this settings exists, is it new?

now the media infos are displayed 🙂

Thanks you a lot for your fast help!!

Pat

image.thumb.png.f4230319759b98413d5a89dc99ddf152.png

• Like 1

roaku
37 minutes ago, speechles said:

It shows for me with non-admin users. Does yours not show?

The Roku could and would display it if the "details layout" were to include it. We do have layouts/code developed for Roku to display the media information of the streams. Just needs to get updated to present time to match the web app in TV mode then get pushed into the Roku codebase. It is on our radar.

After getting somewhere I could verify...

It's just the file path that isn't shown for non-admin users. The rest of the media info section displays for non-admin users. I remembered incorrectly.

Thanks for the update on the Roku app. Looking forward to it.

14 minutes ago, pbzh1 said:

Found the problem 😕 somehow the setting "Show full media info on audio and video detail screens" was not activated, didn't even now this settings exists, is it new?

Indeed. I didn't know it existed either. That is something nice to know. Thanks.

• Like 1

HI, yes it is new. It is on by default.