Trying to switch from Android TV to Android as TV won't be continued

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

I have a couple UI requests for the Android app on Shield. I've been switching from the Android TV app and there are a couple minor things that are buggin me.

First, on the home page the top sliver of Next Up tabs image.thumb.jpeg.9111b15c9feb8d800b2749631dc76855.jpeg and the bottom sliver of Continue Watching tabs and the tabs below it are visible (for reference, my first 2 homescreen tabs are Continue Watching then Next Up)image.thumb.jpeg.c134d868f82ca5a74523d3c15fc450f4.jpeg

All other images seem to fit ok. Additionally, is there any way to make 2 things happen on the home screen splash page? Make the highlighted media clickable (go direct to the movie/show) and/or have the highlighted media change like a slideshow when left on the media tab.image.thumb.jpeg.a18ce3c37fa9f0a3bfcd2fb77899d6db.jpeg

seanbuff

This I believe is intentional UX design, to indicate to the user that there is more info below they can scroll - the TV app does something similar, but might show just a bit more.

image.thumb.png.4b2a06de44e474ea71406be074fd7a26.png

This, I brought up previously and was fixed not long ago, which version of the standard app are you running currently?
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/89802-et-for-android-and-et-for-windows-ui-match-android-tv-app/&do=findComment&comment=1305031
image.thumb.png.f6d6507d08c95300bec8f143a03e2d30.png

On 01/03/2024 at 08:30, Jack Burton said:

Make the highlighted media clickable (go direct to the movie/show) and/or have the highlighted media change like a slideshow when left on the media tab.

And yes, agree would be nice if the random spotlight item were clickable right from the home screen with a quick 🔼 click

• Thanks 1

Jack Burton
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure it's intentional as the other full poster screens (New Movies, New TV, etc) don't clip the top like this. Seems like maybe it's a spacing issue while using thumbs? I'm running the newest version as of about a week ago, 3.3.70 I think, and the bottom of 'Continue Watching' is still visible. I'd love more options for the random spotlight portion but honestly I'm an idiot who likes form over function for some things haha. Emby just works, now I just want it to look pretty.

Edited by Jack Burton
words
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 1:43 AM, KarmaPolice said:

Android TV app is going away??

Hi, we are working on unifying the two apps into one. Thanks.