There was an error processing the request. Please try again later.

adrianwi

adrianwi

1.8.4 (1) update doesn't even open a library.  So disappointing that a month after the latest server release there still isn't an Apple TV client that doesn't require a password login when switching users.  And the first update following the update is completely broken.  Back to the 1.8.3 build which at least loads and plays video.

SamES
7 minutes ago, adrianwi said:

1.8.4 (1) update doesn't even open a library.  So disappointing that a month after the latest server release there still isn't an Apple TV client that doesn't require a password login when switching users.  And the first update following the update is completely broken.  Back to the 1.8.3 build which at least loads and plays video.

Does the home screen load?  What library type are you trying to load?  What happens when you try and load it?

adrianwi

Nothing loads on the home screen.  I have various libraries for TV, Movies, Music, Live TV, etc. and all I get is the Home - Settings menu bar.  

SamES
46 minutes ago, adrianwi said:

Nothing loads on the home screen.  I have various libraries for TV, Movies, Music, Live TV, etc. and all I get is the Home - Settings menu bar.  

Can you share a screenshot of your home settings config for that user from another device?  I’d like to see what sections you have selected, and what order they’re in. 

SamES

Thanks, I’ll see if I can reproduce this 

SamES

Thanks, found the issue.  I expect Luke will push out a new update pretty quickly.  If you can't wait, just change the 'My Media-small' library to  'My Media'

adrianwi

Thanks for the update.  My Media setting works.  I'm assuming the My Media-small setting will also work again following the next release?

• Like 1

SamES
39 minutes ago, adrianwi said:

Thanks for the update.  My Media setting works.  I'm assuming the My Media-small setting will also work again following the next release?

Correct. Thanks for confirming. 

adrianwi

This is fixed in 1.8.4 (2), which also remembers the user password so it is possible to switch back and forth again without reentering passwords.  I still can't help but feel this should have been pushed out before the server changes that broke it to improve security, but it feels like there is less and less love for the Apple TV these days?  It still works better than the Fire TV Stick I use occasionally.

• Thanks 1