Get Season Instance from EpisodeInfo (in EpisodeProvider)

elsagranger

elsagranger

I have my EpisodeProvider defined as `public class EpisodeProvider : IRemoteMetadataProvider<Episode, EpisodeInfo>, IHasOrder`. However, the in GetMetadata, the argument EpisodeInfo will only contain the SeriesProviderIds, ProviderIds and ParentIndexNumber (The index of the season). However, in some situation, we cannot determine the season only by the series and the index of season. I need the information inside the Season's provider. How can I get the season instance or the series instance instead of only a index or a provider id.

HI, the reason these are not provided is so that searches can be done without requiring an existing library item.

What season/series info do you need?

elsagranger
4 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, the reason these are not provided is so that searches can be done without requiring an existing library item.

What season/series info do you need?

The exact information is that I need the season provider id filled by my plugin or filled by user. I can only get the series provider id now (By SeriesProviderIds).

I am developing a metadata provider plugin for a website that cannot locate the exact season with only the series and the season index, so the user need to fill the season provider id manually, and my plugin can fetch the episodes information inside the season.

So you need a SeasonProviderIds ?

elsagranger
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

So you need a SeasonProviderIds ?

Seems yes

• Thanks 1

OK that can be added. Thanks.

elsagranger
On 3/5/2024 at 4:58 AM, Luke said:

OK that can be added. Thanks.

Sorry for bothering, is there any way to know when I can use this feature? Such as that I can expect the next release of emby nuget package? As there is no release note for the nuget package.

Hi, it will be in the next 4.9 beta server nuget package. Thanks.