Set default behavior of Sidebar to Collapsed

Thomas64

Thomas64

I've recently installed 4.8.1.0 and would like to have the left Sidebar collapsed by default (for all users I have configured), instead of open.

I've dug around in settings and couldn't find any option to do this. Is there Custom CSS code that can be used to accomplish this?

I tried to figure it out - but don't have the know-how it seems!

I am currently using - a.sectionSeeAllButton {display: none;} - to block the See All button.

I personally do not like these extra (redundant) menus junking up the Home Screen, and would like to disable it set it to collapsed, similiar to how Custom CSS disables the See All button.

It looks like the state of the menu is saved locally by cookies or such. But for security reasons, I have all my browsers set to delete all information at close.

So, each time I log into Emby, I have to toggle this Sidebar a few times to get it to completely go away (Open to Docked-Mini to Open to Collapsed).

Thanks!!

Edited by Thomas64
clarification

Happy2Play

Only option is to edit the usersettingsbuilder.js with every update.

Thomas64

Thanks Happy2Play..!!

Apologies for missing that post. I did look around, but still missed it.

I'll take a whack at the fix mentioned by cochize1.

Just despise these extra things junking up the Home Screen, especially when they are redundant to functionality already built into the page.

I took the time to tweak the Home Page with all the great detailed settings available to do so - and now this sidebar just throws off the clean home page view of that configuration.

Guess I should add a feature request in hopes of having the default changed in the code.