Suggestions

jiggity
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

jiggity

Emby Server 4.8.1.0 on Unraid
Trailers Plugin 1.3.8.0 
M3U Tuner 1.0.20.0
XmlTV 1.1.8.0

I am not sure if this s a bug, or a suggestion. There a few moving parts to this.  Mods feel free to move this as needed.

in movies, on the suggestions tab, where it shows because you watched X, you then get a sliding row of titles/options.
Sometimes the suggestions will include a trailer for the movie that is the "because you watched" title
Sometimes you will get a title listed 2-3 times, including the library selection and a trailer or live tv option.

I get the trailers because I have the plug in installed, i get the live TV options because I have the plugin installed and live tv channels configured.
Not sure if my expectation that these could be merged in suggestions as single tile, so the library selection would incorporate the trailer and show that it is available as a live tv option once the tile is clicked and expanded means it is a feature suggestion

Or if the inclusion of all of these things as individual options is a bug.

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-02-28 162226.jpg

• Solution

HI, right it's not always easy to strip out the duplicates when sources are being mixed, but there is an advanced library option to exclude external content from suggestions.

jiggity
2 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, right it's not always easy to strip out the duplicates when sources are being mixed, but there is an advanced library option to exclude external content from suggestions.

Took me a moment to find, at first i didn't see the advanced tab at the top of the library section, and I thought you meant an advanced option within a library.

I got it figured out.

• Thanks 1