Emby for kodi play to bluray

Jman5150

Jman5150

Installed Emby for kodi, I see a number of options new to me (like Emby:client) however no play to or with option ? On my browser I see oppo shows up as a cast option so I assume that means it sees it. My oppo through network can play mkv  files fine. However why is the play to (with?) or Emby version of it not showing? What did I miss?

quickmic

I don't know what oppo is. Sounds you try remote playback, this works only for other emby clients. When you select "add client" does it show up?

You probably need an admin account on Kodi to access other devices.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

fyi, I added an option in 10.0.7, not sure it that's what you needed.

Edited by quickmic

Jman5150

Oppo 203 is a 4k Blu-ray player. It’s got A bunch of nifty options in it.yes basically I’d like to have the option to play a movie off kodi (with Emby) to another client like the oppo. The oppo 203 shows up and works in Emby for casting on my Synology. The oppo 203 sometimes usually shows on Kodi with Emby when the play to option shows however showing up is Inconsistent. Interesting m didn’t know kodi has an admin account will look into that! I’ll check out the update and get back to you…thanks!

forgive the delay been hectic.

Jman5150

Ok, I added the client after downloading the repository you mentioned and updated to the newer version. It gave me the option to add client. I added and received 3 options one was the oppo. However when it came to remote playback it failed.  It stated there was a logged error but I could find any errors in the log (not very familiar with logs) tried a few other movie files that are mkv and mp4 and same issue popped up. T seems to see it consistently just ist playing.  I’m on kodi 20.5 should I be using a newer build?

Jman5150

oh and I checked out the admin for kodi, it had one account listed “master user” however the “lock” was disabled. It seemed not active. Is that bad for my needs? Should I activate it?  Also said last login was never used.

quickmic

What I meant with admin account, you need an Admin user on Emby (the plugin login to Emby server), not a Kodi admin account.

quickmic

The plugin uses the same method as Emby server for remote playback. Does a remote playback work directly via Emby's WebUI?

Jman5150

If I access it through my synology nas, yes it plays fine. If you mean through an internet browser with Emby connect through an ip no, I tried that but when It didnt work read something about needing a web address so I let it go, I could be mistaken however in my own network it worked fine out of the bat. But through the ntenrla network it works great. No issues just when I try the plugin to kodi..

as far an admin I’m using the same user id that I log into on Emby on my nas. 

Jman5150

Should I try to setup to work through a regular browser? I wasn’t using Emby running off my Mac OS is there a benefit for me setting that up? I’m willing to setup whatever I’m just not sure from what place you meant.

quickmic

I mean the "Play on" feature on Emby server's WebUI.

You requested:

However why is the play to (with?) or Emby version of it not showing?

I added this feature in Kodi, now you say it's not working.

Therefore I asked you to check it on Emby's WebUI, cause Kodi's play on (I added) works the same as Emby's WebUI "Play On".

If it's not working via Emby's WebUI either, it's not a bug of my implementation in Kodi (and that's what I think is the case).

Edited by quickmic

Jman5150

I think there’s a misunderstanding, I’m not sure if Emby webui is the interface for the app I’m using on my Synology nas, which is currently casting. Or if you mean through a web browser like one would access outside the internal network. I only have it setup internally, on the nas Emby is working. When I add the app to kodi it doesn’t work. I’m not clear which method the Emby webui references. Hope that is more clear.

quickmic

Yes, surly a misunderstanding and I'm lost at the moment. As mentioned, I don't know oppo, how it works and how it's integrated in Kodi and what your try to archive.

Maybe an external player for Kodi? However, it's up to you giving detailed information about you config/setup. Otherwise I cannot help you.

Jman5150
Posted (edited)

Uhm, I’m not sure where the confusion is. My question is simple, when you say through the “ Emby webui, “ what do you mean specifically. I’m not sure why this keeps getting lost in translation. That’s all I’m asking at the moment. From my perspective it could mean one of 4 different things.

1-when I access Emby through the Synology app (on a web browser on my Mac)

2- Emby (unless I’m mistaken) has an online accessible component (like outside my home).  (I think it might need a web address) . Which is also accessed with a web browser but either through Emby server or not my network.

3- through software like on my Mac if I download the software. 
Or

4, app on the eternal player (assuming the app has the ability..like android Emby does not)

I can run kodi on android. Xbox or Mac so which player doesn’t really matter to me just what works.

..currently I was using Emby in my Synology and accessing through my Mac chrome browser. 

my question is simply ..when you say”Emby webui” what method are you referencing?

. It doesn’t really need anything to do with kodi or any Blu-ray player.

Above you mentioned external player, I’m not sure if that was your answer or more of a question since you seemed to lack conviction on the question. If that’s it great but it wasn’t clear….

Previously,…when you mentioned it acts as a plug in and if it works thought the “webui” it should work…. my first thing is to make sure it works there. However I’m not 100% clear what that means so it’s hard to trouble shoot. Like I said, I know Emby has a more remote abilities I haven’t explored. I’m willing if that’s what I need to  but before anything like that clarification seems important. I’m not sure what asking for clarity on what “webui” is referencing as far as a source is so complicated. If you mean when I access it on my nas, then great I know it works there I can try other things however I’m not clear if that’s it. If not then I need to set that up.

Edited by Jman5150

Jman5150

I guess maybe to simplify, is the webui through the server, the player, remotely through maybe Emby servers (if that’s a thing) or some other route I’m not fully aware of.

That’s all.

Currently the server (Synology nas) plays to whatever device I want but that’s it.

android and Xbox  Emby app doesn’t have “play to “ options (even though kodi may show “play to” as an option) however other external players options like Mac can through the Emby app. Kodi always has the option but not all Emby apps.

quickmic

Yes the WebUI is the Web User Interface. Emby servers regular interface.

Jman5150

Ok, I’m not sure then, it worked from the server fine however on the remote player wasn’t working. I installed Emby on my Mac then kodi in it and I was able to get it to play then. Still not on android however, although the Emby app on it doesn’t allow casting so maybe t can’t do it? I dunno. If it’s supposed to work off the server then I would think it would work then? If you or anyone can confirm or deny if it can work on a shield or Xbox regardless of the app if the server app works I’d like to figure it out for certain. Since if it’s the server app not the player it’s confusing it wouldn’t.

either way I did get it to work in Mac so for now I’m on that model and thank you for you help. One question on that though. Kodi for Emby give me a “play to client “ option that takes several seconds asking for others to join before it starts to play on the device. Is there a way to just play to without the delay asking for there to join?

• Like 1

quickmic

Kodi for Emby give me a “play to client “

There is no play to client.

There is a "remote play" as shown on the video and no confirmation required.

"Watch together" and "Add remote client" needs confirmation by default, there there are also option in the config for auto ack.

Edited by quickmic

Jman5150

Had an option show up in kodi with Emby for kodi installed, called “EMBY: (I forget if it was called client or remote or something else). “ That was what i used when I got it to play to the player. I didn’t see any other option. For some reason that option is missing now, not sure why so I can’t confirm what it said till it comes back. I posted a photo below of the current menu, it’s missing the item but has other similar looking items to show.  Upon choosing it, it had a screen with a timeline that lasted many seconds. (The second image I posted) In the menus I was able to reduce it to 5 seconds max in the settings. Does that sound correct. Not sure what auto ack is. Auto acknowledge? It stated it was waiting for other watchers…not sure if that’s the same as acknowledgment. That second image shows a nearly identical screen with the timer. Not sure if that’s the same as the acknowledgment you mentioned.

I just stated the “play to” since I didn’t know what the function was called. Should play to also show up or is the watch together the correct item I used on kodi? (I don’t see a play to option with Emby on kodi so wanted to confirm there isn’t one). 

I aim going to play around and see if I can get the item to reappear, the network had been shut down recently so that may be part of it. Any ideas for it to reappear appreciated.

IMG_0787.jpeg

IMG_0789.jpeg

quickmic

Do you use latest 10.X?

Edited by quickmic