Emby Serverlog spammed by Debug Backup & Restore debug logs

Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818

Server: 4.8.1.0

Since the Update to 4.8.1.0 the serverlogs seems to get bigger, and i think this is caused by the Debug Backup & Restore lines.

The Serverlog is always about 600MB and is full of those lines like this:

2024-02-28 00:59:28.684 Debug Backup & Restore: TryCopyFile F:\EmbyMetadata\metadata\library\34\345bcdbd842095602bdfbfe36d84a1ab\chapters\1621344599_700000000.jpg to \\192.168.1.6\Backup\EMBYSERVER\embyserver-backup-full\metadata\library\34\345bcdbd842095602bdfbfe36d84a1ab\chapters\1621344599_700000000.jpg

It seems this is the new emby backup&restore plugin

i don't have debug logging enabled, so is this normal or is there a way to get rid of those messages because they bloat the logfile.

thanks

Painkiller8818
1 minute ago, Luke said:

HI, looks like you do have debug logging enabled.

ok strange because the server says it is off:

Nein = NO

image.thumb.png.a6573587f83c795752fb8922b3ce8a90.png

Maybe you did at the time of that log file.

Anyway the backup process logs just about everything under Debug, so with debug logging disabled, there shouldn't be a whole lot in the log.

The Restore process logs just about everything under Info, but that's not something you're going to be running all the time obviously.

Happy2Play

Did you change this setting? 

But believe debugging requires log rotation or restart to disable debugging.

Lessaj

I concur that the backup and restore plugin appears to log in Debug mode, or at least the messages are tagged as debug. I also don't have debug enabled, and have not enabled it recently, but there are entries printing Debug mixed with Info. Fresh restart of server, ran backup.

embyserver (37).txt

Painkiller8818
10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Did you change this setting? 

But believe debugging requires log rotation or restart to disable debugging.

hi, no absolutely not, my server is running and i have set up everything long ago. I haven't changed anything and i never enable the debug log unless someone here asks for it when reporting a problem.

I really think there is a problem with the debug log switch or something like that.

Happy2Play

Devs would know better but will guess the "&" breaks the filter or multiple words.  As all others are only one word.   But yes reproducible.

Debug Backup & Restore: