No Community Ratings for Episodes

EmbFinPlex
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

EmbFinPlex

I've been making the transition to Emby from Plex and I've got everything set up perfectly except that I've noticed the "Community rating" metadata field is blank for all episodes in my TV Shows library.

All of the TV shows have been matched and identified and I can see that there are community ratings at the series level but nothing for individual episodes. Under Library - Episode Metadata Downloaders I have checked the boxes for TheTVDB, The Open Movie Database, and TheMovieDb, in that order. 

Is there anything else I should check? 

Hello EmbFinPlex,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, do any of those metadata sources have this information at the episode level?

• Like 1

EmbFinPlex
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, do any of those metadata sources have this information at the episode level?

Hi Luke, 

TheTVDB doesn't appear to have any episode reviews/ratings but OMDb (IMDB) and TMDB (user ratings) do.

I initially only had the TheTVDB enabled for Episode Metadata Downloaders (I think that was the default) but later added OMDb and TVDB as well. I'm not sure if the library needs to be rescanned to pull that information in since I made those changes. 

• Solution
2 minutes ago, EmbFinPlex said:

Hi Luke, 

TheTVDB doesn't appear to have any episode reviews/ratings but OMDb (IMDB) and TMDB (user ratings) do.

I initially only had the TheTVDB enabled for Episode Metadata Downloaders (I think that was the default) but later added OMDb and TVDB as well. I'm not sure if the library needs to be rescanned to pull that information in since I made those changes. 

Yes you'll have to manually refresh the metadata after changing library options.

• Like 1

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, EmbFinPlex said:

Any library settings change you make applies to items added after the change/going onwards. For existing items, Refresh Metadata is required (as stipulated on top of your Edit library dialog).

image.png.d0bd43a141b30e8d14e480c70fccb985.png

Edited by GrimReaper
Cross-posted
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EmbFinPlex

Thank you both, I can confirm that I'm now able to see the community ratings for individual episodes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1