emby beta fail after most recent update

nightknight
Go to solution Solved by darkassassin07,

nightknight

emby had a restart after an update and not it wont run, this is the error in my log. my library is massive and prefer not to start over after years. how can i fix this

2024-02-27 23:34:57.095 Error Main: Error in appHost.Init
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.1.0
	Command line: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.26058
	Framework: .NET 6.0.26
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 16
	Data path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Error: no such column: Album - insert into fts_search8(RowId, Name, OriginalTitle, SeriesName, Album) select id, replace(replace(Name,'''',''),'.',''), replace(replace(OriginalTitle,'''',''),'.',''), replace(replace(SeriesName,'''',''),'.',''), replace(replace(Album,'''',''),'.','') from MediaItems
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteDatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(String sql, ReadOnlySpan`1& tail)
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.PrepareAllEnumerator(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)+MoveNext()
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.ExecuteAll(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.Initialize(SqliteUserDataRepository userDataRepo, SyncRepository syncRepo)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.InitDatabases()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.Init()
	   at EmbyServer.HostedService.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
	TargetSite: SQLitePCL.pretty.IStatement PrepareStatement(System.String, System.ReadOnlySpan`1[System.Byte] ByRef)

Gilgamesh_48
12 minutes ago, nightknight said:

emby had a restart after an update and not it wont run, this is the error in my log. my library is massive and prefer not to start over after years. how can i fix this

2024-02-27 23:34:57.095 Error Main: Error in appHost.Init
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.1.0
	Command line: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.26058
	Framework: .NET 6.0.26
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 16
	Data path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Error: no such column: Album - insert into fts_search8(RowId, Name, OriginalTitle, SeriesName, Album) select id, replace(replace(Name,'''',''),'.',''), replace(replace(OriginalTitle,'''',''),'.',''), replace(replace(SeriesName,'''',''),'.',''), replace(replace(Album,'''',''),'.','') from MediaItems
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteDatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(String sql, ReadOnlySpan`1& tail)
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.PrepareAllEnumerator(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)+MoveNext()
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.ExecuteAll(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.Initialize(SqliteUserDataRepository userDataRepo, SyncRepository syncRepo)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.InitDatabases()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.Init()
	   at EmbyServer.HostedService.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
	TargetSite: SQLitePCL.pretty.IStatement PrepareStatement(System.String, System.ReadOnlySpan`1[System.Byte] ByRef)

There is an discussion of this in the beta forums. 
The bottom line is that the new beta update was screwed up big time. Emby, I believe, did not take enough care to make sure the beta they released failed to run after installing in any way.
Many of the folks there have reported they were able to roll back to the previous ver without too much problem. 
I was not so lucky and something really messed up most everything and I am having to do a "Remove Emby Server and all traces" followed by a new install of the release ver. The libraries and everything will be rebuilding for the next couple of days.

I hope you are able to get your instillation working again. 

Basically Emby pulled the new beta after all this happened. 

Edited by Gilgamesh_48

darkassassin07

Yes. Keeping your programdata folder, but replacing the system folder.

(making a backup copy first is never a bad idea)

nightknight
1 minute ago, darkassassin07 said:

Yes. Keeping your programdata folder, but replacing the system folder.

(making a backup copy first is never a bad idea)

indeed it did, thanks !!!!!!!

my 400gb programdata folder with countless days of manually renaming and locking metadata 

Edited by nightknight
  • Like 1