bug dashboard

Alexwerilles

Alexwerilles

I don't know if you saw it, but the dashboard is bug. the drawer is on top of the dashboard. the files are the defaults and I have already cleared the browser cache several times.

in the css the only change is the color, which is red, but I also removed all the css to see if it was a css problem and even so this bug continues.

after upgrading to version 4.8.1. previously used 4.7.13

bug.png

Edited by Alexwerilles

Alexwerilles
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, what are the steps required to get this to happen?

just click on manage emby server

Alexwerilles
19 minutes ago, Luke said:

Starting from where?

when you click on "manager emby server", you automatically go to the dashboard and looks like this, the drawer overlapping the dashboard behind

2.jpg

Edited by Alexwerilles

Ok, how do you get there starting with opening your web browser? In a situation like this when a problem isn't occurring for everyone, spelling everything out can help us track it down. Thanks.

Alexwerilles
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok, how do you get there starting with opening your web browser? In a situation like this when a problem isn't occurring for everyone, spelling everything out can help us track it down. Thanks.

It is literally logging into the server, click on manage emby server (the gear icon in the screenshot above). You will automatically go to the server panel. and it looks like this, this left side menu overlaps the panel.

It wasn't like that before. This is happening after I updated to version 4.8.1.

Happy2Play

Have not been able to reproduce this on local 4.8.1.0 or online 4.8.1.3 web client.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Alexwerilles said:

It is literally logging into the server, click on manage emby server (the gear icon in the screenshot above). You will automatically go to the server panel. and it looks like this, this left side menu overlaps the panel.

It wasn't like that before. This is happening after I updated to version 4.8.1.

Can you try clearing browsing data? Also do you have any browser extensions installed?

Alexwerilles

i have already cleared the browser data, tested 3 browsers.

Could it be a conflict with a plugin? I previously used some CSS adjustments, could there have been any conflicts after the update?

But even if that was the case, I've already removed the css I placed and the problem still remains.

Could it be a conflict with a plugin? I previously used some CSS adjustments, could there have been any conflicts after the update?

Of course, yes, this could make a difference.

Nimasa

To me, it seems a browser extension is interfering. Do you, by any chance, have an ad-blocker installed on your browser? It could be that one due to some of their {custom-made} rules or another similar extension that is either playing with CSS or blocking some elements. My suggestion would be trying in an incognito mode where no extensions are active (make sure no extensions are active there when testing).

Edited by Nimasa

Alexwerilles
5 minutes ago, Nimasa said:

To me, it seems a browser extension is interfering. Do you, by any chance, have an ad-blocker installed on your browser? It could be that one due to some of their {custom-made} rules or another similar extension that is either playing with CSS or blocking some elements. My suggestion would be trying in an incognito mode where no extensions are active (make sure no extensions are active there when testing).

I have already removed the extensions. Both on Edge and Chrome. I cleared all browsing data and the problem persists. I will go back to version 4.7.13

8 minutes ago, Alexwerilles said:

I have already removed the extensions. Both on Edge and Chrome. I cleared all browsing data and the problem persists. I will go back to version 4.7.13

I wouldn’t do that as it will require a completely fresh start.

Please provide the contents of the browser debug console. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Alexwerilles

After I updated to version 4.8.3 the problem was resolved

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Dusan78

I have to say that something has definitely happened in the last couple updates for me as well.  In the way the left side menu has been implemented.  This is also, using the web browsers.

I cant seem to figure out which of the plugins or extensions is causing this as I trying turning everything off but, it does also happen in incognito.

Basically, when I click the gear icon in top right and go to the dashboard, if I try and scroll down, it automatically goes to search screen.    I first have to click on another menu (ex. users) and then I can scroll down and then I can go back to dashboard and scroll.  The whole web interface is pretty broken and unusable for me.  Even trying to click ... to edit metadata doesnt work.  Actually clicking most things doesn't work.  It seems that since that left hand expandable menu has been introduced is when the things went crazy.  

It seems that when I use firefox instead of edge/brave/chrome  things work ok.  But, I still hate the expandable menu on the left.  I am not sure why that was installed and how to remove it.  

I only use web for management and monitoring so it's not a big deal but, I just want to make a post as clearly others have had issues with this. 

image.png.91059911970cbfa7d4072c807514e01a.png

image.png.ec9e52293f2a52ccadd8437b9208afed.png

image.thumb.png.8ede1bbc58188bd4aa8bbb305b974728.png

Lessaj

To collapse the menu click the button on the right

image.png.065fe7cd901fe24c25d37563e2e84354.png

Once it's collapsed, then click the hamburger menu button to expand it

image.png.660916ea6bf85afbc7aba88c800c18d9.png

Then click it again and it will remain docked.

image.png.a9e8b45a47af04fa66a2a632ebf9787f.png

image.png.e59e214dcd79e1e105fe5185c80ecd34.png

The sidebar menu will appear again when you go to the dashboard or other sub menu (ex. app settings -> Display) but will disappear again when you go back to the home screen. This might fix your issue with things overlapping. I'm using Chromium and have never seen this overlap.

Dusan78

Yes this does clear the side menu however, it doesnt fix the problem.  Clicking the gear button takes me to dashboard and then if I try to scroll it immediately takes me to "search screen"  Also, if I click "select all" for alerts it also takes me to search screen. I noticed under auto-organize if I click any of the tabs.(activity log, tv....) it's same and right away brings me the black search screen.  However, if I click on the "dashboard" left side menu and then scroll it's fine....but, still clicking select all under alerts or activity brings me the search screen.  Really weird.  

But, it's the same problem with edge/chrome/brave...not with Firefox

image.png.27dee8888053259ad659348dcf74e523.png

Dusan78

I also noticed that I just cant search anything.  If I go on search it just keeps on opening the closing the sidebar.  I cant get the cursor to regular search at all. Also, clicking the search on the sidebar does nothing.  However, if I collapse the sidemenu so its stuck then I can only search on the sidemenu...

image.thumb.png.e4282d4a0c0ce5e93257108a16bc0f8f.png

image.png.7deb542d5327ee9ddff323b86a177822.png

image.thumb.png.fc489fa53b70935bec8b86f086aa029b.png

Dusan78

No this is my PC.  So just keyboard and mouse.