Auto select default server on startup?

JGelps
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

JGelps

This isn't an issue but more of a convenience thing. My Emby server starts with my PC. And Emby Theater does as well.

Every time Theater opens it asks me to choose the server I want. I only have 1 local server. Is there any way to have it pick that by default?

• Solution
Happy2Play

Haven't tested restart system but ET always launch to last server connected to and if I have not signed out it launch directly in with that user.

ET 3.0.20

What version of ET?

But to your question there is no default options.

JGelps

Same version as you. I guess if I close with X or Menu -> Quit it does remember where to go. I only have 1 user too. I don't restart the PC often but sometimes so it's not a huge deal.

My other issue is after sleeping sometimes I just get a blank screen the first thing I click on. But that's for another thread.

JGelps

Can't find remember login anywhere. I never have to choose my profile though. It always picks the only one I have.

@JGelpsis the server reachable at the time that you try to do this? That could be why.

It tries to connect to your last used server. If that's not available then it goes to server selection.

JGelps

Maybe not because I have the issue in the other thread about waking from sleep and getting a blank screen. So it seems like my server isn't running in time or something. Or it's not awake yet for Theatre to find it. I'll poke around. Didn't consider that it can't connect to the server right away until the other post.

Yes that's what it sounds like to me.

JGelps

Do you guys have a recommended way of starting up the server then Theatre? I could make a startup script that runs them a little bit apart. Wouldn't help the sleep situation though.

If your server uses standard wake on lan, then you can let it go to server selection and use the context menu to send a wake server command.