4k Titles worked fine and suddenly but since today they lag

Chainscythe
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Chainscythe

Hey there,

maybe someone can help me out, I got mostly 4k Remux files running only locally and it was working without any flaws since I purchased emby a month ago or so. But today all Remux files started to lagg after 10 seconds and buffer every 5 - 10 seconds and I cannot figure out where the problem lies (My GF watched Harry Potter yesterday, which ran perfectly and now it just doesn`t anymore, so I put in the logs from yesterday and today with the same file). Since I don`t have too much knowledge on those matters, maybe someone can help me out here. The server is running on my win pc (u see the specs in  the logs).

One difference I figured out from the logs is the command Line going for 3x the Emby Folder, then added with a  "-noautorunwebapp" I have no clue what that means 😅

I hope someone can help me out. I bought emby to support it because it`s the perfect software to not have to search out my blu-ray collection everytime when it works as it used to 🥲

Greetings and thanks in advance

ffmpeg-transcode-dcb10669-0a4a-4a1b-a7a5-34a412e4bde2_1 - Not Lagging.txt ffmpeg-transcode-e82cea78-45c5-4a21-993d-dc53ab774e17_1 - Lagging.txt

HI, please attach the main emby server log as well. thanks.

FrostByte

While Luke looks at it have you tried using SRT subtitles?  That should prevent it from transcoding.

SamES

Occasionally I get a switch or other network device that needs a reboot and this resolves similar issues for me. 

Chainscythe

Hm ok, I played abit with subtitles also disable it completely but it doesn`t fix the issue sadly, still thanks for the idea!

I also restared my PC, Rooter and TV several times without a change. When watching the task Manager while streaming 4k content the Ethernet isn`t fully used, GPU is between 97 and 100%, not sure if that`s a valuable information but maybe just the ssd the emby server is stored on or the graphic cards is broken at this point. I am not sure, if transcoding is the problem but there is nothing else I could think of that causes the stuttering, since sadly Samsung decided not to support DTS 😔

I gotta take off to sleep, gotta work tomorrow and will read the other answers after that, thanks already for your efforts guys!

Edited by Chainscythe

• Solution
Happy2Play

See if the devs see something but your lagging/no lagging logs appear to be exactly the same so that doesn't explain why one worked nd the other didn't from what I see.  Both were processing over 2.02x.

Chainscythe

Thanks, this actually helped me alot to know it`s not the transcoding. I swiched out some hardware and it seems there was a priority problem with the router, maybe it went too hot or whatever, but after swaping it out, it actually works again without any stuttering. Thanks for the great engagement guys and have nice evening 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1