Looking for help downloading m3u

gillmacca01

gillmacca01

When I try to download the m3u supplied by my iptv provider via Edge or chrome on my laptop, I get the message 'too many redirects'.

I know what this means, but if I try to download the same m3u using Samsung internet on my android phone, the file downloads everytime. Trying on edge on my phone fails aswell.

I can't add the m3u link to Emby as the file doesn't get downloaded.

I've been trying to set up a script on my QNAP, but get the same result.

Anyone know why it would download fine using Samsung internet, but fails by any other means?

gillmacca01

Just to add. I have tried the suggestions for edge/chrome referencing clearing cookies/data, but still get the same error

• 2 weeks later...
visproduction

M3u files on a server are often just redirects to another file.  I seen these get daisy chained to multiple other redirect files.  I think this might be a method to protect against unallowed downloading of media and just a way to discourage anyone from getting to the actual media file.  Also if the redirect have local server links, then trying to run those links from a remote end user server will probably fail, which may be the whole idea of hiding the links in this way.  I believe this sequence also comes with the server allowing only connections to be able to refer to other local references in the link.  Again this could be a method to stop leeching media that they don't want to allow out directly.

Anyway, here is a page that talks about some ways to try to clear this up.  https://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/how-to-fix-err_too_many_redirects-in-google-chrome/

Hope that helps.