What has happened to the login framework?

xbmcgotham

xbmcgotham

Hi, for some reason after updating the server to the latest version and the shield app, my login is not working any longer correctly. I also noticed that the pincode that used to work on local networks is no longer available as such and is now a 4 PIN code. However even though it explains it will be asked for if you switch users on a device, on my shield it will switch between the protected and unprotected profiles without asking for it, defeating the purpose of it.

what has happened? And how to resolve this? 

I tried logging out of server, deleting cash and data, re-saving the passwords and PIN codes, but no change in behaviour.

Thanks!

xbmcgotham

I also notice that after I have logged in, and returning a few minutes later and changing accounts it will ask for my password again, (expecting a request for PIN code instead) but this time it will not except my password and gives a valid error. Thinking that maybe it wants a pincode instead I tried the pin, but no luck either.

Very strange.

xbmcgotham

Hi @Luke

The shield app is version 2.0.98g

on the OSMac app version 2.2.15 and iOS version 2.2.17 it works nicely and also asks if you want to use the Pin code on this device.

Thanks

CBers

@ebrdid implement a fix in the beta version, so maybe worth sideloading the beta on your Shield.

Latest beta is v2.1.07.

• Thanks 1

xbmcgotham

That worked! Thanks for the tip. What would be the best approach for updating this version as its a beta version?

5 hours ago, xbmcgotham said:

What would be the best approach for updating this version as its a beta version?

You can join the beta on Google but this version will hopefully get released in the next week.