Emby Server 4.8.1.0 keeps pausing during Chromecast playback

lloydcodrington
Go to solution Solved by lloydcodrington,

lloydcodrington

Hi All,

I have been attempting to watch various items from my library today and for some reason the playback just keeps pausing in different places across various versions of file formats I have.  Sometimes I can click on the timeline and it rewinds and starts playing again, going beyond the point where it paused but it then happens again.  Sometimes it does not rewind and when I then press the stop button, sometimes it stops the casting of the video but the audio keeps casting until I end the casting completely.

I've restarted my Chromecast and also the server and my laptop.  It has been fine until today.  Oh and I also uninstalled a K-Lite Codex Pack which was installed but that has failed to resolve the issue.

I've attached a copy of my log file.

Thanks in anticipation,
Lloyd Codrington

embyserver-63844570540.txt

HI, please attach the main emby server log as well. thanks.

Hi, can you try lowering the chromecast quality setting and see how things compare?

lloydcodrington

I tried that at a couple of different rates but that failed to resolve the issue.  Strange one this, there were no big updates or anything to Emby or my device.

• Solution
lloydcodrington

Basically I tried every other one on the list from top to bottom.  But I decided tonight to use this machine for just an Emby Server and so reset it and am currently reinstalling.  But already it seems to have solved the issue as I just got through the whole of Dune Part One with no pausing which is a massive improvement on every 5 minutes.

Thanks for you suggestion, shame we couldn't tie it down to one thing though.

• Thanks 1

lloydcodrington

No problem.  It has been fully restored now and is working perfectly again.  I only had Unity and Cubase on the device and those were already installed when I installed  Emby and it was fine for some time before the issue.  I reluctantly restored my last backup which was completed after the issue arose and gladly it did not contain any corruption.  So I'm still unable to provide any update as to what may have caused the issue in the first place which is puzzling.  

Anyway got to say that I've been using this for many years and I'm glad to what it go from strength to strength.  Keep up the fantastic work.

• Thanks 1