Account clone with same watched status

averon

averon

Hello,

Could you add a feature where multiple users share the same state of the library?

For example: My account has admin permissions, I watch Emby on another shared device, where I don't want to use an account having admin permissions. My current solution was to sync via trakt, but this lead to another problem (locked accounts).

So the easiest solution would be the ability to pair multiple accounts to another account, sharing the same watched and progress state.

darkassassin07

Why does the admin account need to sync watch data with your regular account if you're not using the admin account to stream?

Just stick with the normal account for streaming and the admin for admin tasks. You can even save both logins and switch between them easily on each client you want admin access. (secured further with account switching pins).

averon

Maybe there was a missunderstanding. I use the admin account to watch and for admin tasks on my phone. But on the shared device I want to use a regular account without admin permissions.

darkassassin07

I get that: I'm saying the easier option is to change your workflow a little bit.

Sign into your admin account on your phone checking 'remember me', then select 'switch users' and sign into your regular account as well, also checking 'remember me'.

You can now switch between the two with one button, no password entry.

Watch media only with the regular account; and when you've gotta perform admin tasks, switch users.

This is the menu you get when tapping your usr icon in the top right, with a second user signed in (user: 'Test')

Screenshot_20240226_073352_Emby.jpg.8e162063bcb28057b8218ec8e7ba429a.jpg

Just tapping 'test' immediately signs me into that user.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

averon

yh I know about the user switching function, still would prefer the ability to have that feature :) Don't believe that it would be that difficult to implement.