Metadata files not deleted when a movie is deleted

Nabukodonosor

Nabukodonosor

I've noticed that when I delete a watched movie, all the metadata are still in the emby server folder. All cached images are there. How to make emby delete all that once the movie is deleted?

Nabukodonosor

Like always, in Emby I go to delete the movie, it asks me if I'm sure I want to permanently delete it, I confirm.

Happy2Play

Can you provide a specific example as this sounds like it maybe platform specific.

Nabukodonosor

Log file? Now, or should I wait until I delete a movie? I mean, it's simple, last night I watched and deleted the movie Brothers, and today I was searching for something and by accident found out that I still have images from that movie on my SSD, where my emby config folder lives. Or this movie, I watched and deleted this one last week:

https://prnt.sc/pzwtjgRJpZ4o

The log file from when a movie was deleted, and please let us know what movie, and what files were left behind. Thanks.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Nabukodonosor said:

I was searching for something and by accident found out that I still have images from that movie on my SSD, where my emby config folder lives. Or this movie, I watched and deleted this one last week:

Where were you searching?

Are you referring to cache images? 

if so they will be deleted when they become over 30 days old.

Nabukodonosor

Yes, cached images. Well, that sounds great. :)

So, in theory once I delete a movie, everything from my SSD (where emby lives, my movies are on a HDD) should also be deleted? Apart from the cache.

Edited by Nabukodonosor

Happy2Play

Okay yes there is a hidden cache cleanup task that runs daily and deleted anything 30 days old and rebuilt as needed.

2024-02-26 02:45:20.961 Debug TaskManager: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Cache file cleanup
2024-02-26 02:45:20.961 Debug TaskManager: Queueing task DeleteCacheFileTask
2024-02-26 02:45:20.961 Debug TaskManager: Executing Cache file cleanup
2024-02-26 02:45:25.335 Debug TaskManager: Cache file cleanup Completed after 0 minute(s) and 4 seconds

But you can delete all cache at anytime and it will rebuild what it needs.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1