emby is turning a TV Sub folder into a series folder

HtRabbit

HtRabbit

i have a weird problem, as i am adding tv series to the "G" folder the server converts it to a Series and all the shows become episodes of game of thrones. in the metadata manager it shows the "G" folder as Game of thrones. makes no sense cause i removed it completely

naming.png

embyserver (1).txt

It's the contents of each series folder that I need to see, not the season folders underneath that. Thanks.

HtRabbit

Like this,    and where do these darn @eadir folders keep coming from, i am on a qnap. lol

expanded folder.png

HtRabbit

I thought so too till i got angry and deleted all of them, and they keep coming back. grrr

i think glitch 2022 might have been the issue. i just installed the tvmaze  because i think it was scraping wrong. but that doesn't explain turing the whole folder"G" into a series.

expanded folder.png

Happy2Play

Issues like this are hard to find and usually that a lot of testing to figure out what Show is breaking the detection.  Most of the time it takes removing all content from folder then gradually readding shows a few at a time to that folder.

But it is possible

image.thumb.png.5356bda3a023d3051c9e5b74a0ad4f8b.png

10 minutes ago, HtRabbit said:

I thought so too till i got angry and deleted all of them, and they keep coming back. grrr

i think glitch 2022 might have been the issue. i just installed the tvmaze  because i think it was scraping wrong. but that doesn't explain turing the whole folder"G" into a series.

expanded folder.png

Do any of those have a video file directly under the series folder?

HtRabbit

i might have created this mess while trying to get TV trailers to work (with no success) i ever made a Trailers folder but no success

expanded folder.png

expanded folder.png

Edited by HtRabbit
added image

I can reproduce the issue with Glitch 2022. We'll be getting a 4.8.2 maintenance release out this week and we'll include the fix for this.

In the meantime it's possible that renaming it to Glitch (2022) might fix it.

Happy2Play

Don't believe there is a case issue but trailers in TV requires a trailers folder.  And naming within that folder can be anything.

image.png.9b34c6f1411bfdcb570ef4149e309ccf.png

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

HtRabbit
8 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Don't believe there is a case issue but trailers in TV requires a trailers folder.  And naming within that folder can be anything.

image.png.9b34c6f1411bfdcb570ef4149e309ccf.png

Trailers would work, or must it be trailers 

• Agree 1

HtRabbit
9 hours ago, Luke said:

I can reproduce the issue with Glitch 2022. We'll be getting a 4.8.2 maintenance release out this week and we'll include the fix for this.

In the meantime it's possible that renaming it to Glitch (2022) might fix it.

I will try that after work and let you know 

• Thanks 1

HtRabbit
11 hours ago, HtRabbit said:

I will try that after work and let you know 

Since i added the TVMaze plugin the error does not reproduce. i think a combination of trailer file in the root and not scraping properly caused the fail.it is currently scrapping fine and with the vid file removed from the root of the glitch 2002 folder, does not kill the folder structure.

Working folder.png

working.png

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, jiggity said:

Is that accurate?

Yes, it is. If using \trailers subfolder, trailer(s) within can be arbitrarily named.

• Thanks 1

jiggity
1 minute ago, GrimReaper said:

Yes, it is. If using \trailers subfolder, trailer(s) within can be arbitrarily named.

That makes things much more relaxed when i am adding trailers. i was super strict about the naming conventions. Thanks

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Yes the KB sort of needs update to reflect TV requirement of trailers folder.

• Thanks 1

HtRabbit
17 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

you can also put multiple trailers in there and or clips, the only drawback is you can't select them individually it'll just play them in order, I'm assuming alphabetical order

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, HtRabbit said:

you can also put multiple trailers in there

Yep, hence:

19 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

trailer(s) within