Urgent Help Needed Plz!!

Namk

Namk

Hi guys,

So on the Emby app, I created a test library then I gave the folder link to my desktop for this library. Then it started uploading folders and files from my desktop to the library. I did not want this so I started accidentally deleting a bunch of folders on my desktop on the app and unknowingly deleting the files from my computer as well. I thought deleting files and folder on the Emby app only remove them from the library on the app and not also from my computer. These deleted files are not in my Trash Bin either and I have not been able to find them. There are some very important work files that I need to recover. Does anyone know how I can recover these deleted files? Also, is there a way to change the setting to delete the files upload on emby library without deleting the actual files on your computer? Any help would be much appreciated! TIA

Edited by Namk

Hi, we need to know exactly what you did in the user interface, because I think there are some misunderstanding here.

So on the Emby app, I created a test library then I gave the folder link to my desktop for this library. Then it started uploading folders and files from my desktop to the library. I did not want this

This sounds like you added a library and the server started scanning. It's not uploading anything, just scanning your files.

• Thanks 1

Namk

Hi ok so it's scanning the files on my desktop for the library I created. However, when I started deleting files and folder on that library, they are also deleted from my computer. Is there a way to change this? Also because I have a lot of files on my desktop so it has not stopped scanning for files and I could not stop it even though I closed the app but every time I open the app it starts scanning again. I have remove the folder link path to my desktop for the library setting but it doesn't work. How do I stop it from scanning my entire desktop files & folder? 

19 minutes ago, Namk said:

Hi ok so it's scanning the files on my desktop for the library I created. However, when I started deleting files and folder on that library, they are also deleted from my computer. Is there a way to change this? Also because I have a lot of files on my desktop so it has not stopped scanning for files and I could not stop it even though I closed the app but every time I open the app it starts scanning again. I have remove the folder link path to my desktop for the library setting but it doesn't work. How do I stop it from scanning my entire desktop files & folder? 

It depends on what you did. If you use the Delete function in Emby, then yes that will delete media.

If you just want to remove the library from Emby, then you can do that in Emby library setup using the 3-dot context menu -> Remove Library.

Namk

I did that but the library is still not removed from the interface. Should I reinstall the app? 

3 minutes ago, Namk said:

I did that but the library is still not removed from the interface. Should I reinstall the app? 

What exactly did you do? Can you please spell it out for us? Thanks !

Namk

Yes and I confirmed to remove it but it's still there and now when I try to create a new library, it doesn't show up