Restore user Watched History

ginjaninja
Go to solution Solved by adminExitium,

ginjaninja

Server 4.8.0.1

Backup and Restore Plugin 1.6.1.0

I have a backup of Emby server both by disk image and by plugin. I stopped using trakt a while ago.

Ive done a fresh setup of library.db, recreated libraries and rescanned (to recover from a 99%-100% self inflicted issue)

I think in the past i was able to restore user watched history from backup but am i right in saying thats no longer available in the current plugin? the interface seems to offer full restore or nothing?

otherwise i'm thinking of writing a script to export watch history by userid|username|filename|path|serverid|externalid|watchedstate from the old database and restore watched history on best/adequate match.

Edited by ginjaninja

• Solution
adminExitium

AFAIK, the playback history plugin only backs up it's own tracked history, nothing for the user-end.

Anyway, the older plugin is still available in the first post here for user watch history: 

• Like 1

ginjaninja
2 hours ago, adminExitium said:

AFAIK, the playback history plugin only backs up it's own tracked history, nothing for the user-end.

Anyway, the older plugin is still available in the first post here for user watch history: 

saved me an afternoon, thanks for pointer worked like a dream