Continue watching outside of Emby App

electricwildflower

electricwildflower

I'm not sure if this has already been a feature request or if it's even possible but would it be possible to have the continue watching which shows the current stuff you are watching, half way through, next episode etc but outside of the Emby app on a smart TV.

Let me explain to make it clear

On the Firestick, Roku Stick etc when you have the likes of Netflix, amazon Prime etc it usually shows on the Firestick, Roku home screen recommendations, what your currently watching and so fourth in regards to specific apps. Would it be possible for this feature to be in Emby so when you load up say the Firestick, Roku etc. Instead of having to open the Emby app and then selecting say the next episode of a TV it would show on the Firestick homescreen so you could just choose the next Episode of what your watching and it would just jump into emby and load it?

If it's possible that is. 

Hi. We're only able to do this on very limited devices these days.  I think only devices running the old "Android TV" instead of the new "Google TV".  The newer systems only show this for streaming services with centralized content.

electricwildflower

Ah ok no worries, just thought it would be a good idea so i can just jump straight into what i am currently watching instead of loading the Emby app then loading the content. Recently switched from a non smart TV using Firestick to a Rokutv and there is no option to auto start an app when turning on the TV like with the Firestick. Not a deal breaker having to open Emby first to start content though.