Multi Version Content with 3D Content.

pgriffith

pgriffith

Hi All

Is there a way to combine this and have Emby identify all the content correctly?

Let me explain.

If I have a file named Prometheus (2012).3D.HSBS.mkv Emby identifies it correctly as 3D content, and it can be filtered as such.

Now with Prometheus, I have 3 versions in the movie folder.

Prometheus (2012) - 3D.mkv, Prometheus (2012) - 1080p.mkv and Prometheus (2012) - Fan Edit.mkv

Doing this allows Emby to group them all under one entry with 3 different versions to select from, but now Emby does not know that the 3D file is actually 3D. ie If I filter by 3D Content, it's not shown.

image.png.f825c9f38a00b72998d07af2a7ff2a4a.png

If I try Prometheus (2012).3D.HSBS - 3D.mkv then Emby ungroups it and makes it its own entry in the library, as the part preceding the - is different from the other 2 versions.

If I add it after, such as, Prometheus (2012) - 3D.3D.HSBS.mkv then in the version selection dropdown it shows its name as 3D.3D.HSBS, and still not identified as 3D.

Is there a solution for this?

Hi, what do you see when you filter on 3D? Are you sure it's not there?

Happy2Play

Pretty sure you would have to split them apart, set the 3d flag and regroup them.  As I don't see multi-version naming scheme honoring it.

So the question is should naming scheme would or does it require manually applying?

3D Videos | Emby Documentation

As grouping happens but not identifed as 3D.

image.png.934bc4c2d5d11f644119db81ca20a3b1.png

image.png.9efcf4540c40a5a9f10cd7229fe032df.png

Does not appear when filtering by 3D.

Looks like "Avatar 3 (2024) - [hsbs]" works have not looked all variables per the KB.

image.png.af8ce060ed984d7175a585fad1b72456.png

Actually this looks like a general issue of the 3D value getting lost in some cases during import. I don't think this is specific to multi-versioning. 

We'll get this resolved in the upcoming 4.8.2 maintenance release. Existing affected content will have to be fixed up manually. Thanks.

pgriffith

Cool thanks Luke.

It's not the end of the world as it is but requires me to remember what content is 3D. When my young nephews visit, I can't just tick the 3D box in the filter list to show nothing but the 3D content for them.

You say "I don't think this is specific to multi-versioning."

All my stand-alone 3D content is fine, as far as I can see it's only an issue with multi-versioning.

Edited by pgriffith

16 minutes ago, pgriffith said:

Cool thanks Luke.

It's not the end of the world as it is but requires me to remember what content is 3D. When my young nephews visit, I can't just tick the 3D box in the filter list to show nothing but the 3D content for them.

You say "I don't think this is specific to multi-versioning."

All my stand-alone 3D content is fine, as far as I can see it's only an issue with multi-versioning.

Things that were scanned in before the update will be fine. Also in my testing, not all items are impacted, so it's not affecting all 3D content. But I was able to reproduce with a single video losing the 3D flag during the initial metadata import process.

Happy2Play

Limited testing but appears resolved in 4.9.0.8 but not sure of a good way to refreshed multi-version as I just renamed a 3D item.

Now shows via filter.

• Thanks 1

This will also be in the 4.8.2 maintenance release. Thanks.