HDR Flag in emby

Allstar86
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Allstar86

Hello, I had the embuary skin with Kodi at the time, where you could display movies and series with an HDR symbol. All you had to do was enter .HDR. in the file name. I've been doing this for years now. I haven't found this in emby yet, my question is, if this worked with an emby skin under Kodi, why isn't it included in emby?

Is it possible to get this feature?

You'll see it in at the top of video detail screens in the web app, as well as the bottom Media Info section. if it's not displaying for a particular video, try refreshing the metadata on it.

Allstar86

I can't follow you, so with embuary I had an HDR logo on the cover on the right. I would like to have that again.  Do you know what I mean? I've just found a picture where I can show you that.

You must mean something else, right?

If not, please tell me where I have to do something in the Emby Server web app.

Do you mean the one marked in red? If so, that's not what I mean.

image.thumb.png.e1decf94649355882f8021143e30a6ce.png

Edited by Allstar86

I don't know much about embuary so I can't really answer for that, but here is an example of what you'd see in the Emby web app:

image.png

And then the Media Info section at the bottom will have a little more detail.

Allstar86

Then we talked to each other, in embuary Skin for Kodi you had an HDR logo in the cover itself for movies and series that had a .HDR. tag in the file name. I once created such a cover with Paint, so that you understand what I mean.

image.png.ba483f4810a3ef3fe6c328eb7867bb25.png

Have you tested the Emby web app like I mentioned to confirm that your server has this information?

Allstar86

Is that what you mean? If it doesn't help me to see at first glance which movies or series have HDR or not, I have to click on the movie or series and then watch it. 

image.thumb.png.f3f71c30909b11a8a9d5345b59cf0b9f.png

image.thumb.png.c46babf836ba5c3f69c14a3d9f2e930a.png

That's what I mean, yes. The web app does have filters for it. 

Anyway, back to your original question. Is this question about adding an indicator to the Embruary skin?

Allstar86

It's about an HDR tag or symbol that I would like to have in emby, I come from Kodi and the embuary skin. I would like to have an HDR logo directly in the covers like embuary Skin. Background I also have 4K material in SDR, so I could quickly see what has HDR and what doesn't when scrolling the library. Maybe you could also display Dolby Vision.

Just now, Allstar86 said:

Maybe you could also display Dolby Vision.

This is already in the 4.8 release.

Allstar86

Yes, I have looked at the plugin, but I have not found a setting there that integrates this HDR tag logo for HDR movies or series. Or I have overlooked something.

34 minutes ago, Allstar86 said:

Yes, I have looked at the plugin, but I have not found a setting there that integrates this HDR tag logo for HDR movies or series. Or I have overlooked something.

Actually that will be coming very soon. Our developer just finished up on it today actually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Allstar86

So is this an Emby server update? Which adds these HDR tags to the covers? If this works I'll be happy, upgraded to emby premiere lifetime last week. ^^

1 minute ago, Allstar86 said:

So is this an Emby server update? Which adds these HDR tags to the covers? If this works I'll be happy, upgraded to emby premiere lifetime last week. ^^

It's an update to the Cover Art plugin. Details are in the topic that I linked to.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Allstar86 said:

Default icons

image.png.8c7a77af5cc92b1a7b338f0ad2f8ec4a.png

• Thanks 1