Aspect ratio changing when subtitles appear

jolumatro

jolumatro

Hello.

I have observed an issue in the Web player, both in Edge and Chrome, Server version 4.8.1.0

When switching subtitles on (SRT and MOV_TEXT) the movie plays with jittering in full screen mode. The jitter coincides with the appearance of a new subtitle, most times.

If the video is 720p, it does jitter like changing aspect ratio (And actually switching Aspect Ratio from auto to any other option fixes it temporarily, until you stop the video. Next time you play it, the issue happens again)

If the video is SD, it flashes a frame from earlier very quick (Like framebuffer remains)

Could this be a bug? Thank you

Hello jolumatro,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

jolumatro

Thank you,

I have recorded both scenarios from my phone. I have also attached the server log from right now, last actions are what we see in the clips (First 720p, then SD)

In the 720p is less noticeable (12, 14, 20 seconds) how the borders jitter (like readjusting aspect ratio), but the SD case is more noticeable. 

720p uses external SRT, SD uses embedded MOV_TEXT

Appreciate it!

embyserver.txt

Edited by jolumatro

Interesting, never seen that before. Can you provide a sample video for testing?

jolumatro

Just as a test I enabled remuxing for the user, issue still happens. 

Also, issue does not happen on Android app.

Thank you

jolumatro

Sure, I just cut one chapter from the SD file. It does keep the MOV_TEXT subtitles when downloaded.

Interesting, never seen that before. Can you provide a sample video for testing?

Edited by jolumatro

OK just to make sure, did you verify the issue occurs with the smaller sample?

jolumatro

I just did, and it does not happen. Subtitles still work outside Emby, but inside emby they don't show, although they are detected as track.

I can provide the whole episode untouched (227 MB)but its over the forum limit. Any alternative way I can provide it?

Thank you

jolumatro

Another interesting test that starts to point in another direction: Used Chrome on a separate laptop, simulated remote access via VPN, and played both media, issue does not happen.

I am thinking this has something to do with the GPU or GPU driver in this case. They are both AMD but really distant generations (Affected one is Ryzen 7 3750H, laptop working fine is AMD A6)

Truth is, the 3750H already did weird stuff every now and then when playing video on the browser, only it was never as annoying as this case was.

I am going to start looking in that direction as well.

9 hours ago, jolumatro said:

I just did, and it does not happen. Subtitles still work outside Emby, but inside emby they don't show, although they are detected as track.

I can provide the whole episode untouched (227 MB)but its over the forum limit. Any alternative way I can provide it?

Thank you

Dropbox or google drive would be great. Thanks.

jolumatro

Hello Luke,

Do you still want the upload? As I stated on my last reply, issue was on the Ryzen/GPU side of things, nothing wrong with Emby.

Thank you!

If you've solved it then that's ok. Thanks for the update !

• Thanks 1