Remotely start and control media on connected device

ThaDaVos
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

ThaDaVos

I've tried searching the existing feature requests but couldn't find it, so hereby my request:

It would be great if the API supported starting of media and controlling it on a device, so for example queue up a media file for a device so it starts playing it when it connects and allows control if it, the latter is already there in the Server Admin Dashboard.

Why? I want to be able to start a movie or serie using my home automation system, to do that we need API support for integrating this.

ThaDaVos

I checked the API before posting this, but it wasn't clear to me there are endpoints for starting media and controlling it - can you tell me what endpoints I have missed?

• Solution
9 minutes ago, ThaDaVos said:

I checked the API before posting this, but it wasn't clear to me there are endpoints for starting media and controlling it - can you tell me what endpoints I have missed?

I would check out the remote control section, which you can get to from the menu on the right.

ThaDaVos

Sorry for being so blind... I only checked the literal API docs and not the wiki about it 🤣

• Thanks 1