How to revert back to 4.7.14.0?

Blam84
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

• Solution
Happy2Play
23 minutes ago, Blam84 said:

How do I start fresh and choose 4.7.14.0?

Easiest way is get the that versions system folder.

Release 4.7.14.0 · MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases (github.com)

Shut down Emby

Replace the existing system folder

Delete the library.db

Start Emby and launch a library scan to repopulate.

But may we ask why you want to downgrade?

Blam84

I've got other threads related to the issues I'm having. Regular stuttering, movies and shows rewind a few seconds and replay while running, large differences in sound volume between media files. I lost all of my collections and had to recreate them after the update as well.

Honestly, I'm a new Emby user and finally got my library set up and working right before the update. So I'm not super impressed. I had zero issues like this with Plex. But I'm not going to bail yet. However, I do want a stable version that I know will work. Thanks a lot for the help.

3 hours ago, Blam84 said:

Can I revert back to 4.7.14.0? If so, how do I do this on a Windows machine?

Hi there, if you're having an issue with Emby Server 4.8 we're happy to help.

Blam84

Thanks Luke! You all have been great. But I really just need something that works. Troubleshooting and log files and fixing issues that break isn't something I really want to have to do. I am happy with Emby, just not happy with 4.8. I'd rather sit at 4.7 and wait until others work out the kinks. If I had known beforehand, I would have turned off auto-updates. But alas.

14 minutes ago, Blam84 said:

Thanks Luke! You all have been great. But I really just need something that works. Troubleshooting and log files and fixing issues that break isn't something I really want to have to do. I am happy with Emby, just not happy with 4.8. I'd rather sit at 4.7 and wait until others work out the kinks. If I had known beforehand, I would have turned off auto-updates. But alas.

What are you having trouble with?

Blam84
2 hours ago, Blam84 said:

I've got other threads related to the issues I'm having. Regular stuttering, movies and shows rewind a few seconds and replay while running, large differences in sound volume between media files. I lost all of my collections and had to recreate them after the update as well.

Honestly, I'm a new Emby user and finally got my library set up and working right before the update. So I'm not super impressed. I had zero issues like this with Plex. But I'm not going to bail yet. However, I do want a stable version that I know will work. Thanks a lot for the help.

58 minutes ago, Blam84 said:

Right there was another topic you started where we did ask for additional information. If you can supply that we're happy to help look into it.

Blam84

I did provide files for the stuttering issue but haven't heard back yet. And I haven't had time to pull files with the sound difference yet.

But honestly, if I can go back to a functioning version of the server, and not have to constantly pull logs and troubleshoot issues, I would much prefer that. Either other people will have the same issues because it's a global problem and you will work out the kinks. Or it is specifically related to me and starting from scratch might resolve things.

@Blam84are you still having an issue with this? I'm not really convinced that it is server related. Usually this sort of thing is a question for the player.

Blam84

I am using at Roku+ to play my files and didn't have any issues prior to the update. Did the log files I provided in the other thread give any answers as to why it might be happening?