strange auto bandwith detection behavior

Moreje

Moreje

One on my friends is having issue playing movies on his LG 4K Smart TV running last.41 update.

quality auto detection is downgraded to 720p 4Mb/s whereas it is connected with ethernet to its router, with a 1Gb fiber connection...and my server is behind same FAI with 700Mb upload

it should play movies with direct play

why this occurs?

how to fix that?

Moreje

Capturedcran2024-02-24221157.thumb.jpg.8f56cd945e503239b80e4ae1695f0468.jpgyes...

but after testing, I've noticed the same behavior inside my lan depending on the player used:

simultaneous playing, left chrome web client, right, emby theatre for windows... why these differences on auto detection?

unisoft

Automatic detection has NEVER worked in any Emby app for WAN connections (at least on cable tv broadband). Reported a few times before.

I find I have to set/fix "20mbps" for remote Apple TV devices (as Apple state 20mbps is the maximum supported for H264) and anything up to my maximum upstream from origin server on other devices. Then it all direct plays as media under the upstream limit, and codecs supported by all devices so no transcode because of that.

The moment I put back to Automatic - I get transcoding and lower resolution rates.

I'm on a 1.3 gbps profiled cable tv broadband connection in UK (Virgin Media).

Don't have any issues on LAN; its just WAN where Auto does not work, never has.

Edited by unisoft